Assimilation Of Immigrants - Page 2 of 2

When neglected children become adolescents. - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Sep, 2018 - 11:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
USA In the USA
22nd Apr, 2010 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Assimilation Of Immigrants - Page 2

Back to the USA which is what I believe this topic is about. People who come to a country need to fit themselves in, no different than when they come to America. For some reason immigrants coming here believe we have to just accept whatever they dish out. I hate to here a foreigner tells me how this or that is so much better in their country because I'm like thinking why the flip don't you go back there then! You come here then appreciate what you get here because its pretty obvious that you came to America because it was way better than where you came from.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2010 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

Assimilation Of Immigrants
A Friend

Immigrants Assimilation

Blogger,
The vast majority of immigrants are so thankful to be here and are the most patriotic people you can imagine. I know that I don't like it when they talk about how great it was back home either.
I think you have to keep in mind that these people were raised under a different system of govenment and there were aspects that they liked.
Governments evolve over time. There may be something to learn from other countries so we do have to keep an open mind. I think that the founding fathers in both Canada and the US wanted to see their socieities develop better ways of doing things and to improve the lives of people living here.
What I like to see is people enjoying St. Paddy's day and their Irish ancestry and then going out to celecrate July 1st , Canada Day a holiday which celebrates being Canadian. It's similar to July 4th.
It's by blending our roots with our present day surroundings and society that we can really appreciate what we have.

22nd Apr, 2010 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Assimilation Of Immigrants History & Civil Business Politics

There is another area of immigrant assimilation that is often missed but it does give most immigrants a bad name. That is how well criminally minded immigrants assimilate into the criminally minded in the US. You're probably looking at them being assimilated into the law abiding system but that is a wish that doesn't look good when most times you're already ILLEGAL!

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 4 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.4%

22nd Apr, 2010 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Immigrants Assimilation

The main reason I feel that assimilation does not happen is because the Mexicans will come here to make money then return to Mexico. There the same amount of money is worth much more. Most Mexicans that do this have no interest in learning our culture or being a part of America really. This is a real problem and I do not approve of this sort of thing. Though I don't see how it could be considered illegal. Strangely I have to say I might do the same thing if I was in that position.

I think we need to stop pretending these factories are not encouraging this activity. We also have to stop catering to them by allowing them to not have to learn english. Putting everything in english and spanish sends the message that they are not expected to learn english.

I just hate to see a people taken advantage of and then blamed for problems that are out of their control. We can't expect them to be assimilated and at the same time call them illegals. We can't have them doing our work and then pretend like they do not exist. Whats fair is fair and truth be told this is all about money, at its root.

I agree with Coder and am trying to explain myself along those same lines.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

23rd Apr, 2010 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

Immigrants Assimilation

We are talking about assimilation and not trying to stay under the radar so you avoid deportation. If you are here illegally, YOU made the choice to come here. You could have stayed in Mexico and worked, but you didn't and came here and stayed without invitation. You don't want to assimilate...you want to hide. If you attempt to assimilate, the percentage chance that you will be found to be illegal will go up. We are talking about people that have been here for years and not bothered to learn english and arent migrant illegal workers.

Should something be done about illegal immigration? Absolutely. It is a drain on a resource pool that is broke. Additionally, they are not protected by employment laws and are routinely taken advantage of by employers. However, they shouldnt be here and it is more of a factor of Mexico not being a nice place and not cheap labor in the US that is to blame. We would pay more for our produce, but it would get havested and farmers would be held more to standard for employment practices and conditions.

international QUOTE
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God

Will the majority of illegals stay here and support the oath that their legal brotheren take to support the US or will they figure a way to go home if they were called to live up to this oath? I got money to place on my answer! And how well will they be able to support those requirements if they only speak spanish?

Education systems that reinforce spanish speaking (might as well support segregation within the school at that point) do not help and only hinder assimilation. The original article talks about assimilation taking generations to achieve and it is true. However, with education systems that reinforce the old ways, there will be little enticement to assimilate.

Illegals cannot assimilate fully because if they were to try to they are deported. They cant pay taxes (not that they would actually want to). They cannot own a home. They shouldnt be able to go to schools on tax payer money. They would have difficulty in buying insurance because they arent citizens (no SS#). They wouldnt be putting into welfare either.

You can blame the US all you want for the ills of Mexico. Because Americans buy drugs, Mexico supplies them...fine. Because Americans don't want to pick produce for low wages, Mexico supplies the labor...fine. Because Americans buy so much drugs, Mexicans drug lords kill en masse to get rich. Blame America all you want for the ill of Mexico...they cant help it...it is our fault. We force them to cross that border. However, then ask yourselves why Canada isnt doing the same thing? Why arent Canadians running across the border to pick our fruits and veggies? Why arent Canadians revolting against their government to supply Americans drugs? Why arent Canadian Drug Lords murdering themselves and governement officials for the priveledge to be our no#1 drug supplier? Why arent we trying to fence off our northern border to stem the flood of Canadians?

They are right to want to leave Mexico...but it isnt our fault. However, it is unfortunate that we really cannot be expected to immigrate a entire country.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 23rd Apr, 2010 - 4:48am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2010 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Assimilation Of Immigrants

Name: LasLomas

Comments: Whites handle things better than the Latinos. I'm Hispanic so I can talk about this. I have no shame about it. Look at Central and South America they have oil, great lands, and the ability to succeed as much as the gringos do but they don't. It's a cultural thing. The majority are not educating themselves to the world they are just being satisfied with what is given them from their leaders. So now they come to North America and you want them to assimilate to something that they already have objections to. They already have a stigma and are expected to live the stereotypical part of poor illegals that don't know how to speak English. Fact is not all immigrants are illegal and not all illegals are immigrants but Whites love to use us as scapegoats for all the wrong. Fact is most immigrants do an excellent job of assimilating to the US, they are expected to be a certain way and they are. The Whites do not want them as buddies to play golf they just want them as the maids, taxi drivers or the apple pickers as you pointed out so who are we fooling?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2018 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Assimilation Immigrants - Page 2

When neglected children become adolescents. Many migrant children separated from their parents at the U.S. Border, some of them very young, have landed in shelters where they often experience stress, neglect and minimal social and cognitive stimulation. The latest findings tell a cautionary tale about the psychiatric and social risks of long-term deprivation and family separation as children transition to adolescence. Source 1p.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Assimilation Of Immigrants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,