180th Semiannual General Conference

180th Semiannual General Conference - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Sep, 2014 - 2:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

1st Oct, 2010 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

I am starting this Thread to Discuss any talks or thoughts you may have about the 180th Semiannual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Online viewing / audio: Source 1

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Conference General Semiannual th

Thousands to converge on Salt Lake City for Mormon conference

Few, if any, new leadership callings are expected during this weekend. No vacancies exist in the First Presidency or Quorum of the Twelve - where the combined 15 men revered by Mormons as prophets, seers and revelators serve in lifelong callings - and most new calls to the Quorums of the Seventy have been sustained more recently in April conferences. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

180th Semiannual General Conference Studies Doctrine Mormon

President Thomas S. Monson opens conference by announcing 5 new temples

SALT LAKE CITY - The announcement of five new temples and a call to increase the Mormon Church's missionary force highlighted President Thomas S. Monson's opening remarks in this weekend's October general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Ref. Source 5

3rd Oct, 2010 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

One of the most interesting facts about conference is that two general authorities quoted the controversial Fourteen Fundamentals in Following the Prophet talk from Pres. Benson to BYU back in 1981.

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2010 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

LDS Church leaders encourage service

SALT LAKE CITY - Saturday's first day of the LDS Church's October general conference began with an announcement of five new temples from President Thomas S. Monson, and it ended three sessions and nearly 10 hours later with President Monson detailing the three R's of choice. Ref. Source 9

30th Aug, 2014 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

I remember this conference. I thought some of the talks were pretty touching and some not so much.

I wasn't very keen about the 14 fundamentals of following the Prophet being repeated twice by two general authorities (Not to mention the point of quoting a dead prophet to make the point that a LIVING prophet's words are more important?)

I thought Elder Packer's views on homosexual attraction was a three backwards for the church (He doesn't seem to differentiate between homosexual act and homosexual attraction).

Elder Perry's talk was good particularly the suggestion that we should all have a direct line to God and not depend on leaders all the time.

So what were your favorite parts of conference?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Sep, 2014 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

I remember this conference very well because I thought President Monson's talk on gratitude was exactly what I needed to hear. My least favorite talk was the one of Boyd K. Packer.

1st Sep, 2014 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

180th Semiannual General Conference Mormon Doctrine Studies

I read most of the talks because I couldn't watch it live, some of the talks were really good. What happened with Elder Costa's talk? I wasn't sure if he was rushing to finish or what but most of his talk was taken from another talk.

> TOPIC: 180th Semiannual General Conference

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,