Trinidadians Speaking On A Phone

Trinidadians Speaking Phone - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Sep, 2008 - 7:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May, 2008 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

I get so irritated sometimes talking to Trinidadians on the phone.

Last night at 10:00pm someone calls to talk day time business. Who calls you at 10:00pm to talk about business? I had to tell the person please call during daylight hours as it is too late.

Then I get another call today from someone inquiring about an Ad we have running in the paper. Instead of asking about the actual service they are more interested in finding out where I live, what's my name and so forth. When I said I do no not share that information over the phone because I do not know who I am conversing with they become irate over it, even though I explained that can be given when we meet and do have a client relationship. They kept going on and on over it and I had to hang up.

What is the matter with Trinis? Why are they so ignorant and without manners?

Sponsored Links:
14th May, 2008 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Phone On Speaking Trinidadians

What about when you answer the phone and they say: "Who is speaking?" spock.gif They are the ones calling YOU and instead of identifying themselves, the first thing they ask is who YOU are. Weird. Weird people.

14th May, 2008 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Trinidadians Speaking On A Phone Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I usually answer that by saying, "Who do you want to speak with?" and usually when it is a wrong number it prevents them for getting a name attached with a number.

For the benefit of those who do not know better when you call someone on a phone this is what you say...

"Hello, this is *insert your name here*, I would like to speak with *insert the person you want to talk to here* if it is convenient please".

16th May, 2008 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

This is really funny. I guess if you heard some of my friends hail me on a phone you might catch a fit. I guess among friends it is alright but I wouldn't call a stranger and ask them where they live.

10th Sep, 2008 - 7:04am / Post ID: #

Actually I agree with LDS and JB, Trinis have no phone manners or should I say phone etiquette? You always know when someone is on their cellphones (as if every man, woman,child and dog doesn't have one), and as someone said you calling a person and asking them who is this? geeze we reach yes

> TOPIC: Trinidadians Speaking On A Phone

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,