Autism Bacterial Theory

Autism Bacterial Theory - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st Jun, 2017 - 8:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Could autism really be a gastrointestinal disorder?
9th Sep, 2014 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Autism Bacterial Theory

Autism Bacterial Theory

I have heard a lot of people tell me that changing the diet of a child with autism to be gluten free and can make a big difference. I am not so convinced mostly because of the expense it entails and trying to get my children to do without bread will be a challenge. Thoughts?

David Suzuki recently did a documentary on this:

international QUOTE

A fresh perspective on autism research with the developing "Bacterial Theory" of autism. The fastest-growing developmental disorder in the industrialized world, autism has increased an astounding 600 per cent over the last 20 years. Science cannot say why. Some say it's triggered by environmental factors and point to another intriguing statistic: 70 per cent of kids with autism also have severe gastrointestinal symptoms. Could autism actually begin in the gut? The Autism Enigma looks at the progress of an international group of scientists who are studying the gut's amazingly diverse and powerful microbial ecosystem for clues to the baffling disorder

Sponsored Links:
11th Sep, 2014 - 12:02pm / Post ID: #

Theory Bacterial Autism

I saw the documentary last night and it was eye opening. We plan to introduce probiotics to our children to see if it can counteract the effects of neuro toxins that may be affecting their brain. Basically, the theory is that autistic children's digestive tract contains a bacteria that releases toxins into the blood that make their way to the brain. Once there these toxins switch on/off areas of the brain that control autistic like tendencies.

Post Date: 15th May, 2015 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Autism Bacterial Theory Health & Special Psychology

Researchers organize to decipher possible role of gut bacteria in autism

"Mounting evidence shows us that there is a link between the gut and brain; that the gut may have previously under-recognized influences on cognition and possibly even behavior," Said Dr. Frye, a leading autism researcher who serves as Director of both ACH's Integrated Autism Research Program and Autism Multispecialty Clinic. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2016 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Theory Bacterial Autism

Tests show no specific gastrointestinal abnormalities in children with autism

Children with autism have no unique pattern of abnormal results on endoscopy or other tests for gastrointestinal (GI) disorders, compared to non-autistic children with GI symptoms. Ref. Source 3q.

27th Feb, 2016 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Theory Bacterial Autism

This is a very small study with just merely 61 patients. I would be interested in seeing a larger one since I believe there is a connection.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2016 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Autism Bacterial Theory
A Friend

Autism Bacterial Theory

Have you guys read the DAN Protocol for Autistic children? Or Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride? These doctors specialize in issue of healing Autistic-vaccine injured children… we do not have to reinvent the wheel?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2016 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

Autism Bacterial Theory

A single species of gut bacteria can reverse autism-related social behavior in mice

The absence of a one specific species of gut bacteria causes social deficits in mice, researchers report. By adding this bacteria species back to the guts of affected mice, the researchers were able to reverse some of their behavioral deficits, which are reminiscent of symptoms of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) in humans. The investigators are now looking to explore the effects of probiotics on neurodevelopmental disorders in future work. Ref. Source 5j.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 8:41am / Post ID: #

Autism Bacterial Theory Psychology Special & Health

Treating autism by targeting the gut. Therapies to change the bacteria in the gut, through diet, pro-and prebiotic supplements, fecal matter transplants or antibiotics, could treat autism. A review of six decades of research linking the gut to brain development could pave the way for cheap and effective treatment. Source 5u.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Autism Bacterial Theory

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,