Double-amputee Sprinter

Double-amputee Sprinter - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 17th May, 2008 - 4:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 17th May, 2008 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Double-amputee Sprinter

Double-amputee sprinter

Pistorius eligible for Olympics

Double-amputee sprinter Oscar Pistorius wins an appeal to compete for a place in the Beijing Olympics.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/ol...ics/7243481.stm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th May, 2008 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Double-amputee Sprinter
A Friend

Sprinter Double-amputee

I am glad that he has won his appeal. I thin if he is able to run then let him run. I believe it is harder for him to run that a normal athlete.

17th May, 2008 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Double-amputee Sprinter Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I don't know if it is harder, it may actually give him the edge because the special footing acts like a spring forward. I was watching him race and he was beating the others like nothing. I should point out that this appeal does not mean that all amputees can now run in the Olympics. This decision is unique to him and his special legs. If someone else wanted to run then they would have to do the same as Oscar and apply.

Post Date: 17th May, 2008 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Double-amputee Sprinter
A Friend

Sprinter Double-amputee

I know that others will have to go through the process just like he did. I think the spring action may help him just like our muscles help each other out. We will have to see in the olympics if he actually has a edge or not.

> TOPIC: Double-amputee Sprinter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,