Saudis Do Not Want To Increase Oil

Saudis Increase Oil - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Jun, 2008 - 2:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Bush fails...
Post Date: 17th May, 2008 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Saudis 'resist Bush oil pressure'

Saudi Arabia rejects a US appeal to raise oil production saying there is no new demand, US officials say.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/m...ast/7404040.stm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th May, 2008 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Oil Increase Want Not Saudis

I think they do not want to increase production because it will prove that they can not and that they have reached their peak production and it is soon to start falling. Thus driving up the price of oil big time.

15th Jun, 2008 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

Saudis Do Not Want To Increase Oil History & Civil Business Politics

Fox News just reported that the Saudis have decided to increase production because they are now concerned that if prices continues to remain high then demand will drop. Well go figure!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

15th Jun, 2008 - 7:45am / Post ID: #

I know that, at least up here, prices have reached the point where it is beginning to have an impact on the choices people are making. Not only have drivers reduced their speeds to conserve fuel, but I have notices that there are fewer gas guzzler cars on the road. My daughter and her husband have been car shopping because their baby is due soon. They wanted something economical and with good gas mileage. Their choices were limited because the dealers cannot keep these cars in stock. I have noticed more hybrids on the road. People are traveling less. I had to order heating fuel today. I only had 100 gallons delivered and it was $500. I think the Saudi's concerns are valid. People are tired of the high fuel costs and are making lifestyle changes to reduce consumption. If something doesn't give, of course the demand will go down. I just have to wonder what took them so long to figure this one out.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

15th Jun, 2008 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

The theory I have put elsewhere is that they may:

1. Simply just been enjoying the benefits of higher prices since they are going nuclear and will need the 'extra' dollars.

2. Did not want to look as though Bush convinced them to increase oil production which was the purpose of his last visit to the region some weeks ago.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

16th Jun, 2008 - 9:55am / Post ID: #

JB:

I think #2 is more valid than #1. The Saudis already have very tight ties with the US and get benefits and penalties with that daily. The oil kings of Saudi do not want to appear to be lap dogs of GWB. Their close government ties with the US win them little favor in the islamic world and that has been shown many times, so yes, I think they preferred to make this look more like independent thought and potentially a offering to help a worldwide situation. They get to be the good guys!

Also, if I were in that business, I would try to keep you reliant on oil for as long as I could. That would maximize my profits over the long haul. The oil kings in Saudi have a strong sense of family. I am sure they want to hand something down to their sons, so they need us to stay dependent. If oil becomes too high, there will be investment into other energy sources and quickly. If you bring the price down a bit, there is a good chance that we will all swallow this increase and just deal with it and not invest much into alternatives. Happened before...can happen again easily. If pumping a few more barrels eases fears and lessens the cry for alternatives sources, all the better for their business in the long run. If the price continues and stays too high for many, there is a chance that the demand for your product over the long haul or near future (1-10 years) may seriously decline.

Additionally, if it were my business, I wouldnt want the US doing any more exploration for oil. The US is one of the largest producers of oil in the world. I would want to make sure that the US remains severly dependent on foreign oil. The US does have reserves that are not planned to be tapped, but if it becomes a choice between driving cars and some of the wildlife reserves...well I can only guess who will win that one.

They are rich beyond their wildest dreams now...they really dont need that much for nukes.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2008 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Saudis Not Want Increase Oil

Saudi oil output to rise in July

Saudi Arabia will increase its oil production by 200,000 barrels a day from July, its oil minister tells the United Nations.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7455570.stm

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2008 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Saudis Not Want Increase Oil Politics Business Civil & History

I am still not buying the fact that they will increase. If they do increase I bet it is the max they can increase to. I still believe they do not want people tp know their production abilities are going down.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Saudis Do Not Want To Increase Oil

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,