Karbala Introduction - Page 3 of 5

QUOTE (Vincenzo) I hope that the fact your - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 8th Aug, 2007 - 3:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Muslim From Wales
Post Date: 8th May, 2007 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Karbala Introduction
A Friend

Karbala Introduction - Page 3

Ok no problem. I was trying to start a more specific thread about the link between the holocaust and israel not just the existence of israel in general. However looks like I'm going to have to read through the israel vs palestine thread.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th May, 2007 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,029
Flag Posts: 51,686
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.73 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Karbala

Karbala, I understand what you were trying to do however Topics here are often ignored if too many similar ones are created. Also it becomes repetitive and you will find someone making reference to "As I said before in 'x' Thread..."

You have been here awhile, please do look over the Feedback Board and related Threads, also to let us know your thoughts. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2007 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Karbala Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Karbala, is that you in the pic? If it's you, it is nice to see a pic of you now along with your posts! (even if we do not agree most of the time wink.gif)

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2007 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

Karbala Introduction
A Friend

Page 3 Introduction Karbala

That is me indeed. To be fair LDS_forever our little battles have become a favorite past time for me. I like you style and way of thinking. I look forward to disagreeing with you in the future.

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2007 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Karbala

To be fair LDS_forever our little battles have become a favorite past time for me.

Mine too. You have a way to write that even though I may try to ignore it, I MUST reply.

I like you style and way of thinking. I look forward to disagreeing with you in the future.

I do not know if you knew but I am also a Journalist (I worked for more than 10 years in Radio) so I tend to be quite straightforward on my views (I am not very diplomatic) but just to clarify it is not personal. I try my best to separate my views from the poster and I think so far you have done a wonderful job defending Islam and I have learned a lot from your posts.

Looking forward to agreeing and disagreeing in the future as well. wink.gif

LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2007 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.2%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Karbala Introduction

Hi, Karbala - Just wanted to say I have also learned a lot from your participation here. I'm having time issues and so can't always be involved with the discussions, but I appreciate your willingness to discuss/debate the topics with such aplomb.

And it's nice to see you! Thank you for sharing your picture with us.

Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2007 - 6:15am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,564
Flag Posts: 2,713
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 10.0%
[+] Gain: 340.05 FP
Charm: 242

Karbala Introduction - Page 3

I hope that the fact your picture has gone is not a indication you have left. While I disagree with just about everything you write, I actually have gained a different perspective on Islam and the middle east in general. Not all of it good and not all of it bad...just changed and hopefully more representative of the what is actually true. Looking forward to more posts...hopefully?

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 30th Dec, 2004 - 10:55am
Signature: Everything is poisonous if you take too much of it!
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2007 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,029
Flag Posts: 51,686
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.73 FP
Charm: 394

Karbala Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 3

QUOTE (Vincenzo)
I hope that the fact your picture has gone is not a indication you have left.

Anytime you see "A Friend" under their Avatar then you know they are not a Member, but a Guest or used to be a Member. In this case, Karbala left because he said "his work is done here" - whatever that means. Sounds to me just like a cop out really. in other words, I came here, said what I wanted to say and now I am leaving. This is typical of someone who does not know the Art of Discussion or just has an Agenda. However, there is a lot of good that came out of this...

1. I learned that many Muslims have greatly differing ideas on what the Quran tells them to do

2. Muslims cannot be unified in their decisions because they always take an aggressive approach as opposed to a diplomatic one

3. There seems to be two kinds of Muslims in Islam - one that is liberal and the other that is zealot - there really is no in between.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Karbala Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,