If I Did It

If It - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 2:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: Would you buy this Book by OJ Simpson?
  Yes, I like OJ Simpson       0.00%
  Yes, I would buy it out of curiosity       0.00%
  No, I would not even touch it       100.00%
  No, I would read it from a library only       0.00%
Total Votes: 5
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Under a barrage of criticism, Judith Regan says she published O.J. Simpsons book "If I Did It"
Post Date: 18th Nov, 2006 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

If I Did It

If I Did It

SIMPSON PUBLISHER: WHY I DID IT

Under a barrage of criticism, Judith Regan says she published O.J. Simpson's book "If I Did It" because she was a victim of domestic violence and thought the proceeds would go to Simpson's children.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/11/1...n.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
21st Nov, 2006 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

It I If

What a riot, they canceled this book after all the planned book burnings:

QUOTE (USAToday.com)
NEW  YORK -- After a storm of criticism, News Corp. announced Monday it will cancel publication of O.J. Simpson's book and television special, "If I Did It."

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2006 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

If I Did It UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

PUBLISHER IN O.J. BOOK SCANDAL FIRED

O.J. Simpson's would-be publisher, Judith Regan, was fired Friday, her sensational, scandalous tenure at Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. ending with the tersest of announcements.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/12/1...d.ap/index.html

4th Apr, 2007 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

It I If

I was appalled when I heard on the news that OJ Simpson was about to publish a book called "If I Did it." Many people believed that OJ Simpson was responsible for the death of Nicole Simpson and her lover Ron (cannot remember his surname). He was infamous for getting away with murder and now he wants to capitalize on it by publishing this book. I consider this latest move by OJ as a desperate attempt to make money. I could not believe that the best excuse that Judith Reagan had, was to play the "I was a victim of domestic violence" card for public sympathy. Did she expect everyone to support her foolhardy decision by claiming that she "thought the proceeds would go towards OJ Simpson's children?" My heart goes out to the family of Nicole Simpson, Ronald and OJ Simpson's children.

One would expect that once OJ was acquitted, he would concentrate on raising his two kids, by trying to set a good example for them (which may prove to be difficult, considering that he killed their own mother) or even change his public image or maintain a low profile; but this was not the case. Instead he chose to make a mockery out of a brutal and senseless murder, at the expense of the victims' families.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

It I If

BARNES & NOBLE WILL NOT STOCK O.J. SIMPSON BOOK

If you're hoping to buy the new edition of O.J. Simpson's "If I Did It," don't expect to find a copy at Barnes & Noble.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/08/2...n.ap/index.html

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

If I Did It
A Friend

If I Did It

Remember, while Simpson was not found guilty of the murders in a criminal trial, he WAS found guilty of the murders in a civil trial. That's why Simpson moved to Florida - to escape the relatives of his wife.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Aug, 2007 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

If I It

Isn't he supposed to pay the relatives of the victims this HUGE amount of money? If he is not able to pay for it, how come he is not in jail for not paying?

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

If I Did It
A Friend

If I It Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Not sure if you are aware or not, but since the United States is actually a grouping of 50 separate states (each state in essence a mini-country), the laws of each state govern within their boundaries. So the judgment was in California against Simpson for Simpson killing his wife and the guy.

Simpson fled to Florida.

Legal.

Simpson purchases a HUGE home in Florida.

Legal.

Florida law protects a person's "homestead," being their house (no matter how large) and certain personal property.

When the California judgment was "domesticated" in Florida, there was nothing it could grab since that new and very large home was protected by Florida from the judgment. And the small amount of money that Simpson kept as liquid was protected.

In essence, Simpson is "house rich," and can't be touched, unless he moves out of Florida. He is "judgment proof." And if Simpson earns any money, then that money goes to the relatives (not his kids).

I think the deal was that Simpson was assigning the cash for the book to a trust for his kids. Of course, he is the trustee of that trust, so he determines how it's spent and compensation for the trustee, I.e., Simpson.

It's all a game to him.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 22nd Aug, 2007 - 2:20pm

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: If I Did It

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,