Moose Trading

Moose Trading - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th May, 2008 - 10:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2005 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Moose Trading

Moose trading planned on stock exchange

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Got a gun but no game? Try Sweden's new moose stock exchange, launched by the Scandinavian country's state-owned forestry firm Sveaskog Thursday.

Sveaskog rents its grounds to 3,200 hunting teams with allotted kill quotas and teams will now be able to offer moose they do not expect to shoot to would-be hunters.

Interested hunters can also post requests to use part of a team's quota on Sveaskog's Web site, www.sveaskog.se/jfn, the company said in a statement.
Ref. https://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story...71.htm&sc=reodd

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jul, 2005 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Trading Moose

Considering the number of enthusiasts into hunting I am sure this kind of business will rake in a profit, however I hope there is a regulation on it, because I can quickly see it getting out of hand.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 18th May, 2008 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Moose Trading History & Civil Business Politics

For more Information about Swedish Business please see the Sweden Index.

18th May, 2008 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Trading Moose

I think the only thing that could get out of hand is the prices but tht is not gong to cause any real harm.

The government has allotted the number of "tickets/tags" one per kill for the thinning required in the herds. So if some one is not going to use their ticket I see no harm in letting another use it. In this case the person willing to pay the price.

The required number of kills for the quotas remain unchanged that is good and even better if all the kills are made for regulating number of moose, wolves and even vegetation! some vegetation actually thrives on the remains from the wolf kills! So it can actually be a very useful tool in preventing large sways in this environment.

So I must ask JB what it is your are referring to when you stated:

I can quickly see it getting out of hand

The prices for the balance on the unfilled quotas?

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Moose Trading

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,