Cluster Bombs

Cluster Bombs - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th May, 2008 - 11:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Ban them?
Post Date: 19th May, 2008 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cluster Bombs

Forum seeks to ban cluster bombs

Diplomats from around the world are gathering in Dublin to secure a treaty banning the use of cluster bombs.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7407631.stm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th May, 2008 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Cluster Bombs
A Friend

Bombs Cluster

I think cluster bombs are a good thing to ban. If a plane drops cluster bombs in a area where there could be friendlies they can not control where they all hit. Thus the risk of hitting and killing allies is greater. Cluster bombs are good for killing only they do not just kill the soldiers but any one who happens to be in the area. We do not need to be killing innocents in a war just the soldiers.

Post Date: 21st May, 2008 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Cluster Bombs History & Civil Business Politics

US Skips International Conference to Ban Cluster Bombs

Representatives of more than 100 governments are gathering in Dublin, Ireland for two weeks of talks aimed at finalizing a global treaty to ban the use of cluster bombs. But the United States, historically the world's largest producer, stockpiler, and user of cluster bombs, won't be at the negotiations. Other major producers of cluster bombs"¹Russia, China, Israel, India and Pakistan"¹also stayed away from the talks.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/2008/5/20/us_s...onal_conference

21st May, 2008 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Bombs Cluster

I think the idea is a joke, it is a nice thought not to kill civilians in war but is that even remotely possible? What military uses a bomb that can only kill a soldier? So when are we going to ban and disarm every single nuke out there since they are far worse then a cluster bombing.

I think people have lost touch with reality when at war you are at war with the country not just the guys in green or blue. Civilians are enemies also but are not main targets. Factories full of civilians fuel the war efforts so do we stop bombing them also?

Put you liberal way in the toilet it is war kill or be killed. Person surrenders great lock them up tight feed them since they are no longer a threat. If liberating a country that whats liberated then one would try to keep civilian death at a minimal. If invading a completely hostile country drop all that moves till they surrender. I know not politically correct but better them dead then me.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 21st May, 2008 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Cluster Bombs
A Friend

Bombs Cluster

I know that civilians and civilian targets like factories are going to be bombed.

I also find it interesting that all the bigger powers are not going to this conference.

21st May, 2008 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Cluster Bombs

Why so surprised KNtoran why would they attend an assembly that is going to remove on of their biggest weapons. Not to mention all the economic doing so would create.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st May, 2008 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Cluster Bombs

Cluster bombs are bombs with miniature bombs inside right? They cause like a wave of mini explosions?

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 3 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.3%

Post Date: 29th May, 2008 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

Cluster Bombs Politics Business Civil & History

Cluster bomb ban treaty approved

Diplomats from more than 100 countries have backed a treaty banning the controversial weapons.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7423714.stm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Cluster Bombs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,