Expanding Vocabulary

Expanding Vocabulary - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2014 - 11:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2005 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Expanding Vocabulary
A Friend

Expanding Vocabulary

Different people expand their vocabulary in many different ways. Some people read books, some people read the dictionary, so people just sort of wait until they hear a new word they like. How do you go about expanding your vocabulary and making sure you retain that word?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Dec, 2005 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Vocabulary Expanding

Interesting topic, I have never actually thought about that. I guess I would have to say that reading books does expand my vocabulary more than most things. But even better than that, reading through forums I seem to obtain more vocabulary from others. I think a lot of it is the region of the world that a person is in. As a child you learn words first that are commonly used around you. So when you bring a number of people around from a number of regions of the world together in conversation, the same explanation or statement could be made using any number of different terms and a lot of time you can really see that.

4th Aug, 2014 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Expanding Vocabulary UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Reading is an excellent way to develop your vocabulary IF you look up the words you don't know. Some can be lazy and just ssume they know what the word is rather than look it up.

17th Dec, 2014 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Vocabulary Expanding

In order to expand my vocabulary I usually read books or when I go through a word in a dictionary I look for extra words I do not know along the way. You could also expand your vocabulary in school, which is a good time to get all of your knowledge before adulthood. But these days I have seen a lot of my classmates struggling with Vocabulary in Secondary School. I am not sure that is because more people are lazy when learning a word (No offense), or that getting a word through your head permanently is hard for some others.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 17th Dec, 2014 - 10:37pm

23rd Dec, 2014 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

Vocabulary Expanding

When I come across a word I don't know its so easy to search dictionary.com for it so I do it right away rather than wait. I always prefer to know exactly what the writer meant rather than guess it and at the same time I'm one word smarter for it too. wink.gif

> TOPIC: Expanding Vocabulary

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,