UK Armed Forces Day

Uk Armed Forces Day - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Jun, 2010 - 12:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

United Kingdom Military Day For UK Troops
Post Date: 19th May, 2008 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

UK Armed Forces Day

Armed Forces Day

Backing for Armed Forces Day plan

Ministers are to back plans for more school cadets and an Armed Forces Day to boost support for UK troops.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7407629.stm

Sponsored Links:
21st May, 2008 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Day Forces Armed UK

I think awareness for the work that has been done and is occurring by military forces is a good idea. Showing up at public events and such is a place where the military can show they are not there just to kill but to add to a countries well being in all aspects.

I do not think many even understand what all the military are involved in that help people from day to day. If they did more respect might be given.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 21st May, 2008 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

UK Armed Forces Day
A Friend

UK Armed Forces Day History & Civil Business Politics

I think it is a good thing to try and get more favorable attitude for the military. Right now the general public does not have a high regard for the military because of on going problems that are happening in other countries. Any thing that can help the publics opinion grow for the military has got to do some good.

22nd May, 2008 - 9:28am / Post ID: #

Day Forces Armed UK

I think this is a very good idea if it were carried out as intended...unfortunately I fear that the British public would use it as an extra day to sit in the garden with a bbq and beer, as there is very little respect here for the military services, or the lives of our lost heroes who have fought to save our Country, for our future.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2010 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Day Forces Armed UK

Flag raising for Armed Forces Day

A series of flag raisings is being held across Wales ahead of Cardiff hosting national Armed Forces Day celebrations on Saturday. Ref. Source 6

22nd Jun, 2010 - 9:51am / Post ID: #

UK Armed Forces Day

This is the first National armed forces day in the UK, and I think there is plenty of support out there for our Royal Navy air force and British army.

People have been showing their support by having car stickers in their car windows, and custom made jewelry and wrist bands.

I feel it's important ads they are playing a very important role in keeping our country safe.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2010 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

UK Armed Forces Day

According to Wikipedia: The first UK Armed Forces Day took place on 27 June 2009, it replaced Veterans' Day which was first observed in 2006. The 27th of June was chosen as it marked the day after the anniversary of the first investiture ceremony for the Victoria Cross, held on 26 June 1857.

> TOPIC: UK Armed Forces Day

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,