Skinny Models Out, Plus-size In

Skinny Models Out Plus-size In - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 20th May, 2008 - 2:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 19th May, 2008 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Skinny Models Out, Plus-Size In

Whitney Thompson, a size 10, is the first plus-size model to win "America's Next Top Model." [..] The British media don't agree. In April, columnist and former Miss England judge Monica Grenfell lashed out at Marshall in London's Daily Mail, writing, "Who does she think she's kidding? What she's demonstrating isn't bravery but a shocking lack of self-control. Instead of flaunting her figure, Chloe ought to own up to the truth. She is fat, and she got that way by overeating."
Ref. https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Beauty...=4873965&page=1

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th May, 2008 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

In Plus-size Out Models Skinny

I do not think a size 10 is anywhere close to fat. I think if she looks nice and has a nice figure she will beat out a size 1 or 2 in my book any day. There are way too many ladies who think everyone has to be a size 4 or below to be considered beautiful. Again I disagree. but then again that is my opinion.

19th May, 2008 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Skinny Models Out, Plus-size In Sports & Fashion Music Movies

It's about time that 'bigger' women and I should say average women are given their dues. Just because you are not pencil slim doesn't mean you aren't just as beautiful. FOr too long women have been trying to become so thin that they are borderline anorexic.

20th May, 2008 - 6:53am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (KNtoran @ 19-May 08, 8:37 AM)
I do not think a size 10 is anywhere close to fat.

I totally agree--size 10 is not fat. And it is definitely not PLUS SIZE in the real world!

I have been over weight my whole life and have learned to focus on the inside--although I have been trying to lose weight. Even if I got to my goal weight I would be a 14-16!

I think that the media is so messed up with the messages it sends to the younger generation and what they should "look like" to have self esteem.

20th May, 2008 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

laugh.gif if she is ugly and over weight then what was Marylin Monroe! A person needs some body fat to be healthy and size ten pending on build is very healthy. Who what a stick figure to play with? Your her build and 22 then you have an some what a weight problem. My wife and I love it when we see a lady with a figure.

Post Date: 20th May, 2008 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I hope to see some of the fashion magazines start to show "real" women in their fashions. I doubt it is going to happen any time soon but I truly hope that they do.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th May, 2008 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Skinny Models Out Plus-size In

Perhaps a better question is when will the general population stop buying into and try to imitate the dope addict and drunkards we call celebrities and just appreciate their movies and then ignore what they do in their private life. Stop buying the ridiculous cloths at the age of 30 that are meant for 12 year olds. It is the populations adoration and empowerment that cause these models to go to such extremes. We stop giving them the money then they will change.

20th May, 2008 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Skinny Models Out Plus-size In Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Who started the trend of you have to be skinny anyway? Have you seen some of the old footage from beauty pageants about 30-40 years ago? The women then would be considered fat now. My take on this is the fashion designers want to portray that their clothes makes women look thin, so they look for sticks to make the effect.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Skinny Models Out, Plus-size In

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,