Napster

Napster - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd May, 2008 - 5:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 20th May, 2008 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Napster

Napster launches MP3 music store

Napster launches the world's largest online music store without digital rights management.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7409865.stm

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2008 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Napster

Any one who can reduce I tunes market share and offer competition is good. Personally I do not and likely will never use this or any service like it. Sorry why corrupt the quality of your music.

20th May, 2008 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Napster Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Hey my music is on napster, and just about all the other online stores as well. It was just released actually, the debut album's name is toyss. So far I had to do an actual name search because I didn't see my name in the genres but it's there. Look me up, I promise you'll probably like what you hear.
I got another album to get up too, but it's still at the masterer's.

20th May, 2008 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Napster

Ok then as an artist what are you getting paid for this? How does this make you feel? Does it really make a difference or do you see Napster as a free advertisement that might bring more to your live performances?

Rather off topic, but...

If you wish to promote your album or music try to use the correct thread. I would be glad to hear it and give my opinion.

I would think a topic with the name of you album and your name would be a good choice in the main music headings. If unsure just ask JB in your introduction thread.

I never thought of it but I guess one can use it as a promotional tool.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 20th May, 2008 - 8:07pm

20th May, 2008 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Napster

Well I'm a new member, and I'm also on like thirteen other sites, so I'm not even sure what napster even does. I'll check them out first so my replies can be a little more educated.

Reconcile Edited: bushimdim on 20th May, 2008 - 8:08pm

20th May, 2008 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Napster

I had to ask as I understood that they pay nothing to any music company and all profits are theres. I have heard other artists say they care less as the amount they get in copyrights from the sales is very low but that it is the people behind the scenes that are complaining the most.

Being in the industry or trying to get into it you might have some more insight on this issue.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd May, 2008 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Napster

Well I'm not really complaining too much about it really, it seems that music companies will complain because they feel like a middle man in a sense, but like I said before, I think it's an issue of two different products really. In the case of napster and other online streaming retailers, I view those as online services, whereas the sale of an actual CD, bought online or otherwise is different as CD's are products.

Reconcile Edited: bushimdim on 22nd May, 2008 - 4:32am

22nd May, 2008 - 5:53am / Post ID: #

Napster Movies Music Fashion & Sports

That is a take I never thought of I thought any transition of money for the song was the same as a cd purchase.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Napster

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,