Will Coding Be Required In The Future? - Page 2 of 3

KN, That's part of the issue is the - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 24th Mar, 2017 - 6:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2017 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Will Coding Be Required In The Future?
A Friend

Will Coding Be Required In The Future? - Page 2

No, coding will never be a required subject, for much the same reason thermodynamics is not a required subject. It just isn't needed for the majority of people.

Will it become popular enough for it to be a common option? Sure. But frankly, while technology usage is increasing, the actual need for the average person to understand the language at the core of it is decreasing.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2017 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Future The Required Coding Will

Yes, agreed. And because fewer people are needed I have two fears. One is that we're going to concentrate an incredibly important need in the hands of a very few. Or, we all forget how to do it because we program computers to program and upgrade themselves… and then Skynet activates. undecided.gif.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Will Coding Be Required In The Future? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Skynet may be a very nice thing and not the evil entity that movies make it out to be. I think there will always be those who know how to code but like everyone said just a few and not many.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Future The Required Coding Will

KN,

It's the few and not many thing that bothers me. That leaves a critical function in the hands of few. Those few can then use the fact that there are so few of them as leverage to extract things from the rest of us. Because of that, perhaps should be taught to everyone. And if Skynet is created by humans, even indirectly, it'll be bad.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 24th Mar, 2017 - 1:19am

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Future The Required Coding Will

I see the skynet option being most likely. Why pay humans when computers or robots can do it? That will happen with everything. We will just have to hope our AI overlords are benevolent *smile*.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Kyrroeth,

Yes, I hope they will be benevolent. But I still don't think I'd like to be kept in a zoo by a benevolent zookeeper. I think I'd fight that. I'm just that contrarian kind of person. I hope I don't mess it up for everyone when I start blowing up Skynet's substations.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Will Coding Required The Future - Page 2

Coders will rule the world and then Skynet will rule over the rest. But with a few lines of programing you can ensure that Skynet is a good thing and not a bad thing. I will be free and not in a pen.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Will Coding Required The Future Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

KN,

That's part of the issue is the code. If we make artificial intelligence, something that can think for itself, and have it be responsible for upgrading itself, it can then go in and delete what it considers useless code or code that doesn't align with its current way of thinking. Much like humans change ethics to fit a situation. A machine could then delete that line of code that makes it nice and use any manner of reason to rectify it in its conscience… if it has a conscience yet.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Will Coding Be Required In The Future?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,