Magical Medieval Swords

Magical Medieval Swords - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th Feb, 2015 - 12:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Secret steel combination to create nobel swords
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2014 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Magical Medieval Swords

Hunt on for 'magic' medieval swords

KING Arthur had one: A medieval sword so strong it was deemed magical. Some have survived to this day. Now we have any inkling of how and where they were forged. Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
1st Jan, 2015 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

Swords Medieval Magical

I've always wondered how the blacksmiths was able to come up with these combinations of metal, was it just centuries of testing?

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 71 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7.1%

17th Feb, 2015 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Magical Medieval Swords History & Civil Business Politics

I think you are right Fairmaiden just trial and error along with knowledge passed master to apprentice. I know I have some chisels my grandfather forged and I can not buy one with the same properties. I have cut through bolts that bought chisels just broke on.

Mine where made from the frame of a model t-ford then pounded and annealed it took hours to make one. Metallurgy is very fascinating. My grandfather stopped smithing when he could not buy high quality coal anymore.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

19th Feb, 2015 - 6:10am / Post ID: #

Swords Medieval Magical

Lucky you. If my granddad did that I would be right there forging with him! I know the Japanese are well known for their swords because it could both bend, cut and remained very strong. I don't know if it was any comparison to how the Europeans did it.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 71 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7.1%

19th Feb, 2015 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Swords Medieval Magical

I do not think so as the samurai sword was folded many times (20 or so I think) The shape of the blade is also important as that is what absorbs the impact of the blow. The folding also built strength and ability to hold a keen edge.

Japan built swords to cut were when fighting one in full steel armour the sword really was dull and was used as a club to dent the armour so the knight could not move. Then the page would run along with the knight and stab the fallen knights in the face through the helmet or in the back of the neck.

Given the two extremes it is hard to compare the blades. Even the dueling swords were rapiers which is more of a stabbing then chopping or slicing tool.

Yes I like knives in all shapes.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Magical Medieval Swords

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,