What Color Is The Dress? - Page 2 of 3

QUOTE The color is blue and black. How in - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 13th Apr, 2017 - 2:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  What Color Dress How can the color of a dress be seen so differently by so many?
5th Jan, 2017 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

What Color Is The Dress? - Page 2

The color is blue and black. I saw this immediately upon looking at the dress and never questioned that it could be any other color. I showed it to my wife and she insists that it is white and gold. I didn't know how we could be seeing this same thing and coming to different conclusions. We agree what color most things are (Though maybe some shading is in disagreement), but this was completely different. After investigating, the best explanation I found said that the color you perceive is strongly influenced by the lighting conditions you think the picture was taken in. If you perceive it as black and blue, then you recognized that it was taken in really bright lighting conditions and the camera white-washed it a bit. However if you see it as white and gold, then you are not adjusting for the saturation of light captured by the camera. You are directly perceiving the color shown in the image and not making any mental adjustments. Looking at the background, I can see that everything is white-washed because the camera was trying to adjust to dark colors and absorbed too much light, but maybe others don't take that into consideration and see different colors.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2017 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Dress The Color What

Why did we see 'the dress' differently? The answer lies in the shadows, new research finds

When 'the dress' went viral in 2015, millions were divided on its true colors: gold and white or black and blue? In a new study, an neuroscientist concludes that these differences in perception are due to our assumptions about how the dress was illuminated. Ref. Source 1m.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

What Color Is The Dress?
A Friend

What Color Is The Dress? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I've seen the same picture both ways depending on the light of the room I'm in when I look at it. When I first saw it on my computer it was white and gold, and I was in a brightly lit room. When I looked again it was blue and black, and it was in a darker room.

It's been a while but I still find it fascinating.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

What Color Is The Dress?
A Friend

Page 2 Dress The Color What

The dress looks to be light blue and gold to me. It looks pretty obvious too… unless I'm wrong.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

What Color Is The Dress?
A Friend

Dress The Color What

The color of the dress seems to change in different lighting. I think that this style of clothing can be quite interesting as it seems many people have many different opinions of what color it actually is. I would wonder what the wearer of the dress feels the color is.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

What Color Is The Dress?
A Friend

What Color Is The Dress?

It would be pretty cool if the dress itself had this unique effect, but I think it is just the picture. This could be a new concept in fashion though if someone could only manage to isolate what factors cause a person to see it differently.

Someone could make a fortune selling dresses that look a different color to different people.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

What Color Is The Dress?
A Friend

What Color The Dress - Page 2

Nightlain,

You are absolutely on target there. This would be incredibly profitable. My goodness, the person who figured this out would have every manufacturer and designer at his/her beck and call.

13th Apr, 2017 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

What Color The Dress Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

international QUOTE
The color is blue and black.

How in the world did you see that? I am seeing a white dress with gold but because its a bad picture the white looks like light blue but that's how satin looks in different lighting.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: What Color Is The Dress?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,