Homebrew Role-Playing Games

Homebrew Role-playing Games - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 31st May, 2016 - 9:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

Post Date: 18th May, 2015 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

In general do you think Homebrew Role-playing Games tend to take away from the enjoyment of the core system of play or enhance it?

Sponsored Links:
18th May, 2015 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing Homebrew

There is irony in that question because to a large extent homebrew systems are there to help make the game enjoyable for the players involved. At the end of the day no one follows 100% of the rules and make up for this by having variants and addins to the core of system play.

31st May, 2016 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Homebrew Role-Playing Games Reviews RPG & Card Board

Homebrews are some of the best for those who play them. wink.gif While a hombrew Role-playing Game can have some interesting twists its kind of irritating to be familiar with a rule only to have it thrown out with an invention that does not make sense.

Post Date: 31st May, 2016 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Games Role-Playing Homebrew

I agree with Role-playing Game Expert on this.

I remember a meme and I will quote the original lines from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

international QUOTE
Elizabeth: You have to take me to shore! According to the Code of the Order of the Brethren“

Barbossa: First, your return to shore was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement, so I must do nothing. And secondly, you must be a pirate for the Pirate's Code to apply, and you're not. And thirdly, the code is more what you call "Guidelines" than actual rules. [smiles] Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turner!

Another thing to consider is the level of investment. A GM with a homebrew world set in any established system, is already invested in his game. Meaning the time and commitment are already allocated, he/she just needs to sell the game to the players for them to become invested in it.

A homebrew system is a real hard thing to sell. Mostly because it remains untested, so instead of actually playing the players actually playtesting. Mechanics, Functionality, and a host of other things could and would need to be evaluated in a playtest.

> TOPIC: Homebrew Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,