Aericsteele Introduction - Page 7 of 11

This may not be necessary, but a note of caution - Page 7 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 22nd Nov, 2016 - 4:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2016 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Aericsteele Introduction - Page 7

How many different Topics or Categories do you foresee that need to be created?

A Wiki is something where others contribute to but in this case you are the only one editing it correct? Or is it a case of the main info could be in the top Post and then contribution input by other Players can be in Replies or is it that you are saying you need Players to edit your Posts too?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2016 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 95
Flag Posts: 1,434
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 11.5%
[+] Gain: 627.77 FP
Charm: 68

Introduction Aericsteele

I think most discussion about setting could take place in the support thread. I wouldn't need the players to be able to edit the posts, it would be for reference only. Rather than it being a discussion thread it would be more of a reference thread or "Canon" thread where the setting is officially established. I would have to consider how many posts I would need though.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 29th May, 2015 - 4:34pm
Signature:
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2016 - 9:05am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Aericsteele Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

international QUOTE (Aericsteele)
I would have to consider how many posts I would need though.

To come up with the best solution I will need to know this. We have a similar system in place already that allows many connected Threads to have its own index the same way you can find just Dungeons & Dragons 5e Threads as opposed to all Dungeons & Dragons versions. It would just be tweaked for your game but this depends on how many Topics, etc.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2016 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele Introduction
A Friend

Page 7 Introduction Aericsteele

Nice to meet you and hope to see you around. And my condolences for you and your family.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2016 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 95
Flag Posts: 1,434
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 11.5%
[+] Gain: 627.77 FP
Charm: 68

Introduction Aericsteele

I think that I would need at least 8 sections: Player Contributions; Faith/Religion; Magic; Factions\Politics\Cultures; Home brew Rules; History; Locations; Misc. Also having a post or section for a campaign log might be helpful/useful as well.

Also… Hi and welcome Selexa!

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 14th Nov, 2016 - 7:11pm

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 29th May, 2015 - 4:34pm
Signature:
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2016 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Aericsteele Introduction

Aericsteele, go ahead and start whatever Threads you need. Please label it appropriately so it isn't mixed up with other Dungeons & Dragons Threads. You may also want to add "Reference" on the end of the title. When you are done please let me know and I will adjust it so they are unique to your game.

Blog Read My Blog
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2016 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Aericsteele Introduction - Page 7

Aericsteele, I am working on an Auto SRD that will be unique for each game. You may wish to wait on that first to see if it suits your needs before creating the Threads. I will have it ready soon.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2016 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele Introduction
A Friend

Aericsteele Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 7

This may not be necessary, but a note of caution JB, in regards to 5E material for Aericsteele's game and others like it. Unlike previous Dungeons & Dragons editions, Fifth has not (Yet?) released an open gaming license for the bulk of its content. Basically anything found in the Basic Rules pdf released by Wizards of the Coast is safe to reference here, but almost everything else is not.

While I'm at it, I might as well do a bit of shameless self plugging. On the [..], I maintain a very large index of 5e related guides, websites, and other tools that would likely be of interest to both players and Dungeon Masters here. You may wish to include a link to it somewhere. Easiest way to find it would be to google [..], it should be the first result.

+  « First of 11 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 

> TOPIC: Aericsteele Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,