World Greed One On One Discussion

World Greed One Discussion - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 28th May, 2008 - 10:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

28th May, 2008 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

World Greed One on One Discussion

I was wondering if by increasing the number of soldiers each player gets in One on One games if it will make a difference for the player that does not go first?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussion One One Greed World

I do not think that will help. It just gives the one who goes first more too. I think the game is ok as it is but you will have to be a master at risk to understand how to over come such a handicap of going second.

28th May, 2008 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

World Greed One On One Discussion Reviews RPG & Card Board

True, I think if the placement of men was not so random then it would help, because then you would know which borders to protect. Random placement causes the first player to be more aggressive.

Actually, another thought... maybe if there can be a limit of how many men could fit in one square for a one on one game then that would be the cure!

Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Well that is a good thought but I can see that being a hinderance to the game. Something I thought of that may make it more fair is limit the attacks. Say you can only attack 4 places in first round, six the second round 8 the third round. That would make you have to think more of where you want to go and do.

28th May, 2008 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Limit attacks, that is a good idea. That will definitely give the second player chance to recover, but really it won't matter much if there is a pile up of troops in one spot, because the second round does not give you much pieces. KN I do think that is the best suggestion yet though, maybe I will keep the other ideas for a version 2.

28th May, 2008 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Limited attacks should help I also had thought some times if every one received the same number of men for the first round it might balance thing a bit also.

That is all get 7 men for placement on first turn instead of player one gets 7 player two 3 most of the time. The limited attacks would also help that of course.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th May, 2008 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

World Greed One One Discussion

QUOTE (Krakyn)
That is all get 7 men for placement on first turn instead of player one gets 7 player two 3 most of the time.

Well in fact everyone gets according to the land they own, but by the time player one is done they have less to get. Can you imagine an eight player game? By the time the eight player is ready he has nothing to fight with at all.

28th May, 2008 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

World Greed One One Discussion Board Card & RPG Reviews

QUOTE (krakyn @ 28-May 08, 12:08 PM)
Limited attacks should help I also had thought some times if every one received the same number of men for the first round it might balance thing a bit also.

I like this idea. I have to admit that when I am first to move I feel more confident for a possible win. It seems when I have had the opportunity to take over a number of countries, it is usually within that first move. With that said, I just played the first move of a 3 player game--which is why I came back to comment.

If moves were limited as mentioned above, you would have to seriously consider where your best moves would be--instead of attacking everything you could so the next player had less men to work with and areas to get army credits for placement.

Therefore, I agree that if it could be implemented it would be best for the game all around and would be fairer for those who join games instead of starting them.

> TOPIC: World Greed One On One Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,