Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 7 of 13

Name: Ray Comment: Well, as a gentleman who - Page 7 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 2nd Sep, 2016 - 10:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (13) »
Best of  Autism & Role-playing Games RPGs for those on the Autism Spectrum. If you are autistic does being in a role-playing setting help with social skills? Does participating in online play by post methods allow a release?
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2016 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 7

Name: Alan

Comments: We have an adult autistic spectrum player in my group. Another player's brother. And I feel like he is benefiting immensely from the experience.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2016 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Name: Dennis

Comments: It's helped me a lot. My theory of mind issues are mitigated by role playing someone with goals and wishes that differ from my own.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2016 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games Health & Special Psychology

Name: Matthew

Comments: My daughter complained she had no sense of imagination. So I made her try 3.5 D and D (Not pathfinder) and now she writes and has a little group of friends who all sit and play a loose form of it. So I don't know if it ties in with what your trying to say but I strongly believe role playing games are very good for children in a world of touch screen and virtual reality.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2016 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Page 7 Games Role-Playing and Autism

Name: Dan

Comments: I'm pretty sure I have ADD myself, had it my whole life, and still don't have a proper diagnosis. Anyways, what can those of us with friends and family on the Autism Spectrum do to help bring them out of their shells through role-playing?

28th Aug, 2016 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Ignore oddities and welcome their participation, accept their presence and praise their willingness to try as socialization can be a big challenge. If social is not possible I have created a safe online place for Role-playing Games to happen, even Solo play so no Dungeon Master is needed. It allows anyone to carefully write and express themselves asynchronously in character. See an example: www.rulerofkings.com

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2016 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games

Name: Del

Comments: I have shared this and similar articles with my wife. Our oldest son is on the spectrum and Role-playing Games have helped him get better at socializing, most definitely.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2016 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 7

Name: Danny

Comments: I have Asperger's Syndrome. RPG brought me out of my shell and improved my writing and reading skills. Not to mention made it possible to talk in front of people I did not know.

The psychologist I went to discuss autism related issues with when I was first diagnosed plays Dungeons & Dragons as well. I am going to try to show him this.

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2016 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games Psychology Special & Health - Page 7

Name: Ray

Comment: Well, as a gentleman who spent most of his teens and early 20's working/acting in a children's theater I can say that role playing definitely helps you cope with being one of the world's somewhat "Roughly chiseled" individuals.

I say this not as a person who has been officially diagnosed as on the spectrum, but as one of those people who most certainly DID NOT fit the round hole… I was one and I knew several folks there of a similar cloth.

Play By Post games are certainly an "Arm's length" way of interacting and enriching people's lives.

> TOPIC: Autism & Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,