Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 9 of 13

Name: Andrew Comments: Two of my friends have - Page 9 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2016 - 10:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Best of  Autism & Role-playing Games RPGs for those on the Autism Spectrum. If you are autistic does being in a role-playing setting help with social skills? Does participating in online play by post methods allow a release?
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2016 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 9

Name: Dane

Comments: Thank you so much for sharing. I worked in therapeutic boarding schools for almost a decade and taught many children with autism spectrum disorders. Using games to teach life skills became my primary focus and my students gained so much from it.

Sponsored Links:
10th Sep, 2016 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Its great that you can provide an avenue for autistic persons to have fun and interact with others. Role-playing can really open people up to socialization and getting along with others.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2016 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games Health & Special Psychology

Name: Jeremy

Comments: One of my sons lives with ASD, and we found the best way to get him to open up was by playing longer games of Magic the Gathering.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2016 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Page 9 Games Role-Playing and Autism

Name: Chris

Comments: Awesome. Someone else I know is using Role-playing Games at a Vets hospital to help work through PTSD with extremely good success. I have a cousin with Autism and will definitely send this along.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2016 - 4:08am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Name: Lee

Comments: I used to run a game for my son (Severe ADHD) his best friend and a few of my friends, 3 of which had some degree of autism.... .it seemed to help them not only relax and focus, but deal with unknowns a lot better.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2016 - 7:32am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games

Name: Josh

Comments: This was an interesting read, my little brother is Autistic (Age 11) and I've never thought to introduce him to roleplaying games because with the way our groups usual games go, they seem to get really dark and usually suited for ages 18+. I'll definitely talk to my parents and little brother about looking into your community though.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2016 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 9

Name: Michael

Comments: I am an adult who has been diagnosed as having Asperger's which is apparently a high functioning version of autism. I do find Role-playing Games and writing helps channel some of my inner anger into more constructive directions.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2016 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

Autism & Role-Playing Games Psychology Special & Health - Page 9

Name: Andrew

Comments: Two of my friends have autism. We've been gaming together for years and its definitely had a positive impact on their lives.

+  « First of 13 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Autism & Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,