Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 11 of 13

Name: Mark Comments: Reminds me of myself; - Page 11 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Nov, 2016 - 11:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Best of  Autism & Role-playing Games RPGs for those on the Autism Spectrum. If you are autistic does being in a role-playing setting help with social skills? Does participating in online play by post methods allow a release?
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2016 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 11

Name: Eduardo

Comments: I believe it tailors me well, because I'm the one with Asperger's syndrome. I'm inside the role-playing for this reason despite that I only prefer modern and science fiction. Fantasy themes set in a medieval landscape doesn't suit me well.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2016 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Name: Harry

Comments: Seriously, I must have some kind of ADHD too (Though never diagnosed), and yes role-play helps a lot! In our party of 5, 3 of us were.. Not normal based on stereotypes.. But we developed social skills through Dungeons & Dragons, not mentioning the coop enhance (Working in groups). Thumbs up for the article!

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2016 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games Health & Special Psychology

Name: Ana

Comments: As a parent of a teen with Asperger, Boardgames and Dungeons & Dragons games help my son to developed some social and others skills.... High recommend.

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2016 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Page 11 Games Role-Playing and Autism

Name: Kayla

Comments: "Role playing" at a base level is often used in therapies and programs for young individuals with autism. Can look like being taught how to play with toys and how to predict what that other "Person" (Or toy car) may be feeling in response to stimulus.

So it totally makes sense to me that adults and teens on the spectrum would benefit from roleplaying games.

In addition to that, I think that LARP can also offer a valuable social network. I have friends who are high functioning but still had difficulty making / keeping friends for whom LARP became a social and support network very organically. (As opposed to what a social skills group offered at a centre might be).

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2016 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Name: Chris

Comments: I am on the spectrum myself and have a child on the spectrum. Thank-you for providing materials for people (Especially children) on the spectrum to aid in social normalization.

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2016 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games

Name: Fredrik

Comments: I have had friends with autism and always considered role-playing a great way for teaching them about the world as they always have needed to see stuff from the other side.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2016 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 11

Name: Mike

Comments: I love this article and will share it. Although I am in agreement with most of what it says, I am still a proponent of face to face Role-playing Game fun. I grow very tired of my son who is a "Bit weird" having his face buried into a computer or tablet screen. I recently bought a game called No Thank You Evil in the hopes of build a love for tabletop Role-playing Games and even war games. (He has a Warhammer 40k chaos army). I want him to explore his imagination in every way he can without completely checking out into the internet. Thanks for posting.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2016 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games Psychology Special & Health - Page 11

Name: Mark

Comments: Reminds me of myself; I overcame a great many difficulties associated with my own Autism through role-playing games, most especially in regards to my academic performances. One of the problems with being Autistic is finding a way to appreciate different things, especially challenging or new things that go against familiarity and personal comfort. Role playing games are simply brilliant in how they take difficult mathematical concepts, like statistics and probability, and make them accessible in the most non-invasive way; built-in rewards systems and appeal to artistic, cultural and historic sensibilities. What is more, it incorporates socialization and effectively teaches one to appreciate the different skills and personalities that other people "Bring to the table," so to speak. Currently I work with autistic students at a junior high and we have been discussing the incorporation of Role-playing Games in the classroom with our higher functioning students. We have one of those kids who "Hulks out" and I can't wait to see how he handles the game.

+  « First of 13 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Autism & Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,