Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church

Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 24th Jun, 2015 - 5:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Shooting at Black church in Charleston, South Carolina
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2015 - 9:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Police: Nine dead in shooting at black church in Charleston, S.C.

Nine people were killed in a shooting at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, S.C., Wednesday night, Charleston Police Chief Gregory Mullen said. The suspect remains at large. "I can assure you that we are going to do everything in our power to find this individual, to lock him up, and to make sure that he does not hurt anyone else," Mullen said. Ref. USAToday

One of the people killed in the shooting at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church is Pastor Rev. Clementa Pinckney, according to CNN affiliate WCSC. The affiliate confirmed the information through Elder James Johnson, the president of the Tri-County chapter of the civil rights organization, the National Action Network. Ref. CNN

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2015 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Church Episcopal Methodist African Emanuel

Another crazy gunman again or is this some racial thing? The reports I read said that up to nine people are dead from this shooting with some others injured as well.

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2015 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church Beliefs Religious General

Dylann Roof has waived extradition and is on his way back to South Carolina, court officials say.

Roof is suspected of killing nine churchgoers at a historic African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina, on Wednesday night.

The full list of victims was released by the Charleston County Coroner's office on Thursday. On it are Cynthia Hurd, 54; Susie Jackson, 87; Ethel Lance, 70; Rev. DePayne Middleton-Doctor, 49; Rev. Clementa Pinckney, 41; Tywanza Sanders, 26; Rev. Daniel Simmons Sr., 74; Rev. Sharonda Singleton, 45; and Myra Thompson, 59. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2015 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

A daughter of Charleston church shooting victim Ethel Lance addressed Dylann Roof in court, "I will never be able to hold her again, but I forgive you."

Facing nine counts of murder and a weapons charge, Roof showed no emotion as he appeared by video for a hearing before Magistrate James Gosnell Jr.

"Every fiber in my body hurts, and I will never be the same," Said Felicia Sanders, the mother of victim Tywanza Sanders. "May God have mercy on you." Ref. CNN

19th Jun, 2015 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

The shooter's aim, according to some words circulating the internet, was to start a civil war between blacks and whites. He wouldn't have achieved that but this will not make things any better where there are problems it might get worst.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2015 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

A website featuring a racist manifesto mentions Charleston, South Carolina, as the target of an attack and shows several images that appear to be Dylann Roof, the 21-year-old being held in the shooting deaths of nine people earlier this week at a historically black Charleston church.

The author of the manifesto describes being drawn to a white supremacist website after becoming curious about the Trayvon Martin case.

CNN has not been able to authenticate the website where the manifesto appeared, or its contents, including who wrote the manifesto and when. The website appears to have launched in February, but it surfaced on Twitter and other social media platforms today. Ref. CNN

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2015 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

Obama to deliver eulogy in Charleston

President Obama will travel to Charleston, S.C., on Friday to deliver a eulogy for the pastor killed in the shooting that killed nine worshipers at the Emanuel AME church last week. Vice President Biden is also expected to attend. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2015 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church General Religious Beliefs

America, Not Dylann Roof, Should Be Forgiven

In an expression of extraordinary magnanimity, relatives of the black church members murdered in Charleston, S.C., arose one after the other to tell Dylann Roof, the murderer of their loved ones, that they forgive him. That I do not agree with what they did in no way diminishes my ability to be moved by their gesture. But I do not agree with it. First, consistent with my religion, Judaism, I do not believe that anyone but the actual victim has the right to forgive someone for the evil they have inflicted. If I steal from you, you have the right to forgive me, but your best friend... Ref. Source 8j

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,