Dunkin' Donuts Pulls Rachael Ray Ad

Dunkin' Donuts Pulls Rachael Ray Ad - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Jun, 2008 - 4:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Does she portraits terrorism?
31st May, 2008 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

This is one of the most RIDICULOUS things I heard in a very long time. I cannot believe people would actually pick up the phone and complain about this ad. Stupid.

BOSTON - Dunkin' Donuts has pulled an online advertisement featuring Rachael Ray after complaints that a fringed black-and-white scarf that the celebrity chef wore in the ad offers symbolic support for Muslim extremism and terrorism.

The coffee and baked goods chain said the ad that began appearing online May 7 was pulled over the past weekend because "the possibility of misperception detracted from its original intention to promote our iced coffee."

In the spot, Ray holds an iced coffee while standing in front of trees with pink blossoms.

Critics, including conservative commentator Michelle Malkin, complained that the scarf wrapped around her looked like a kaffiyeh, the traditional Arab headdress. Critics who fueled online complaints about the ad in blogs say such scarves have come to symbolize Muslim extremism and terrorism.

The kaffiyeh, Malkin wrote in a column posted online last Friday, "has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad. Popularized by Yasser Arafat and a regular adornment of Muslim terrorists appearing in beheading and hostage-taking videos, the apparel has been mainstreamed by both ignorant (and not-so-ignorant) fashion designers, celebrities, and left-wing icons."

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
31st May, 2008 - 6:43am / Post ID: #

Ad Ray Rachael Pulls Donuts Dunkin

That really is insane! A scarf? I went and looked at the photo and I think it just looks like a fashion accessory. Why do we have to deal with this kind of stuff? Your right LDS, it is stupid.

Don't those scarves that they wear, the kaffiyeh, hide most of their face? Is that the same ones?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 31st May, 2008 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dunkin' Donuts Pulls Rachael Ray Ad History & Civil Business Politics

I am not sure that if this is one of those that traditional arab women wear or the more modern ones wear as a scarf. Either way if it is a sign of support to the terrorist I can see why some would get upset. I believe more is in this that we need to research and find out about.

1st Jun, 2008 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

I wonder though if she is actually supporting? That is just someones opinion right? Is she known to have any reason to support terrorism? Your right though, there needs to be more research done.

Just out of curiosity, did the scarf come from the kaffiyeh?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

1st Jun, 2008 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

And here I thought Yasser Arafat's head gear looked like a Pizza Hut Table cloth. I had no idea that these geometric patterns represent such horrible things. That is the last munchkin I eat...yeah...right.

If you can link a Palestinian Jihad to a fashion accessory and eating donuts, your gifted or shall I say "special".

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: Dunkin' Donuts Pulls Rachael Ray Ad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,