Social Register & Login

Social Register Login - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 14th Dec, 2015 - 12:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
  Social Register & Login Register or Login into your International Discussions account using external social networks such as FaceBook, Twitter and others.
17th Aug, 2015 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Social Register & Login

Social Register & Login

As you know, I'm always looking for ways to improve International Discussions. My latest coding project is to enable Users from other social networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to Register and Login here. My main aim is to make it secure for our database but it will enable an easier transition as our default Registration may seem intimidating to some.

This Thread will also serve as Support and News for the feature as soon as its implemented.

Social Register & Login
Social Register & Login (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
20th Aug, 2015 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Login and Register Social

Social Login Now Integrated!

After many days of custom coding this has finally been completed! It took me awhile because of security checks and having to integrate it with our current coding.

Members and Guests will see the "Register / Login easily via FaceBook" Button. If you have an existing account with FaceBook you can either Register or Login.

Existing Members can use this too! Just make sure that your current Member Email is the SAME as your FaceBook Email or it will Register you as a new Member. This will be especially good for Members who tend to get confused by the Login process or who often forget their password.

Additionally, if you do not have a current Avatar then the one from FaceBook will be pulled and used for the Community.

NOTE: We do not retain the password of your FaceBook account. When you login into FaceBook via the Social Page you are giving permission for International Discussions to only receive your Name, Email, FB ID and Avatar. That's it. You can read more here: Here.

As I get chance I will add in other Social Networks.

20th Aug, 2015 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Social Register & Login Feedback & FAQ News Community

Cool. That will make it easier to login so we don't have to remember too many passwords and names.

29th Aug, 2015 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Great stuff! Now I just have to visit the site and I'm automatically logged in!

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2015 - 9:29am / Post ID: #

Name: Maker

Comments: Why only Facebook, you don't have other social options like Twitter, Google or Open ID that I can use?

2nd Sep, 2015 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Social Register & Login

Facebook is the most popular of the external social networks but we will add others as soon as time permits.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Dec, 2015 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Social Register & Login

Google Plus Added For Login

Those wanting to join International Discussions can now Register or Login via Via Google+ / GMail. Not everyone is a FaceBook fan so having this facility for easy Registration was a must.

14th Dec, 2015 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Social Register & Login Community News FAQ & Feedback

Better Social Login Buttons

Manual Login has been added to the Social Buttons menu that floats at the top of every page for Guests. Additionally, I have made it so on Mobiles the said buttons do not float and become smaller thus taking up less room on an already small screen.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Social Register & Login

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,