Forum Smilies & Emoticons

Forum Smilies Emoticons - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Forum Smilies Forum Smilies Forum Smilies
15th May, 2016 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Forum Smilies & Emoticons refers to those images you see in posts that look like a small face with a smile. Some of them might be mini-animations meant to replace what you cannot say properly with words. For instance, if someone does not want to come across as being overbearing or harsh then they might add a smiling Emoticon to represent that.

In the past, "Smilies" and "Emoticons" were a big deal and for some external sites they still are a main attraction, but for a site like this where constructive writing is the primary goal Forum Smilies & Emoticons just get in the way. At present, only ONE Smiliey / Emoticon is allowed per Post.

While we have a fairly large selection now we will be narrowing that down soon to just a few with the core ones being the most readily available.

Sponsored Links:
16th May, 2016 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Emoticons and Smilies Forum

The only kind of smiliey I use is the wink one and that's rare. All the other smilies can be highly irritating. I hate when they are jumping around the text its like something a preschooler would use.

27th Aug, 2016 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Forum Smilies & Emoticons Feedback & FAQ News Community

I don't really use the emoticons as much as I used to anymore, it's not my style that I would use in my posts as it doesn't really express anything that I intended in the first place.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2016 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ninja.gif

Just trying out this whole forum thing, and found smileys. Still new to the forum parts of this site.

ADDED: Found out the hard way that one emote is more than enough.

27th Sep, 2016 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

When I first got on the internet I would use emoticons after each sentence. After awhile they lost the coolness factor and became irritating when I would see a email or text message loaded with them to the point I could not understand the original message. Now I don't use them at all so won't miss it when gone.

11th Apr, 2017 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

I had started to weed these out for awhile now substituting the emoticon with a word version such as *smile* but people still try to find ways around it much to my irritation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm fine with them being limited to once per post. They can be overused but I feel that there is a place for it. Written communications has limitations opposed to verbal. You could say the same thing both verbally and in written form and it would most likely be interpreted differently. In verbal form they have a tone to pick up and can decipher whether you are joking or angry etc. Written form lends itself to easy misunderstandings. A post could come off as sounding angry when that isn't the intention. Emoticons help to clear that up.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:25pm

11th Apr, 2017 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Forum Smilies & Emoticons Community News FAQ & Feedback

Sure, I know some need them for that purpose, however a few people who join (Mostly new Members) who are accustomed with using one after every sentence (Blurb) on other sites will try to do the same thing here by being very creative. You don't see it because we edit it or delete their silly messages.

> TOPIC: Forum Smilies & Emoticons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,