Bow & Arrow Technology

Bow Arrow Technology - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Dec, 2014 - 12:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Bow & Arrow Technology The Wild West: Looking into the Bow and Arrow technology.
10th Jan, 2008 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Bow & Arrow Technology

Which Arrow Hit?

Originally arrows were made of flint or stone, but later the Europeans supplied mental tips as they were easier to use. Arrows were marked so that a bow warrior could know if it was his arrow that met a target. Due to the fact that the technology of the bow was thousands of years old they were little match for the cowboys and soldiers of the day, so the element of ambush was used (Discussed in another Thread).

Bow & Arrow Technology
Bow & Arrow Technology (Hover)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2008 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Bow & Arrow Technology
A Friend

Technology Arrow and Bow

I have done a bit of study on bows. I have made a few with only one success. I will probably do that more this winter if I can get a hold of some decent black locust or something.

Due to the fact that the technology of the bow was thousands of years old they were little match for the cowboys and soldiers of the day, so the element of ambush was used (Discussed in another Thread).

The indian bows were not even a match for any other world made bows at the time or before. 25 lbs. draw. They broke easy. History might of been different if they had better bows. They had to be good at hand to hand combat, and were. Once past the defences of the soldiers guns and sabres they were highly affective.

As far as I can tell the mongolians had the best.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2008 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Bow & Arrow Technology
A Friend

Bow & Arrow Technology History & Civil Business Politics

If your looking at bows that were used on horseback then yes I can agree that the Mongolians had some of the best bows. The European long bow was one of the most powerful bows. You had to be a strong person to be able to just pull it. But you could shoot arrow farther with one. In closer range the arrows from a long bow could knock a person off their feet or off a horse.

It is my belief that if the american natives had better bows or worked together against the white man we would have a much different history here in the US.

26th Aug, 2009 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Technology Arrow and Bow

To this day there are changes in bows. Companies are making them with added technology. I have looked into purchasing some because I tried archery when I was younger and was naturally good at it.
Some tribes in the past probably had better bows and weapons than other tribes.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 5 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.5%

27th Nov, 2014 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Technology Arrow and Bow

Even though the Europeans had bows and crossbows no group has made the bow and arrow more popular than the American Indian population - it belongs to them.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 20 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2%

8th Dec, 2014 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Bow & Arrow Technology

Even if they native would have had a good compound bow they would not have found success against the superior fire power and discipline of the European military. Hard to push back when your not united as in the case of the natives. The native were excellent fighters but lacked the knowledge of military invasion.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Dec, 2014 - 4:08am / Post ID: #

Bow & Arrow Technology

As mentioned in the first post ambush (Guerrilla tactics) were used by many nations to secure wins over the invaders. Arrows were also silent so they acted like the 'silencer' of today's gun.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

15th Dec, 2014 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

Bow & Arrow Technology Politics Business Civil & History

Besides the bow and arrow's limitations let's not forget that the two were primarily used for hunting as most nations were peaceful and simply wanted to be one with the earth. It was the White man's fascination with war and industrialization that gave them the edge, but when it came to [heart] it was always the tribal warriors that had it.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 2 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.2%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Bow & Arrow Technology

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,