May 29: First Movie In Inupiaq

May 29 Movie Inupiaq - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 8th Jun, 2008 - 1:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

1st Jun, 2008 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

May 29: First Movie In Inupiaq

Being from Alaska I thought this was neat. It will be interesting to see how wide the audiance is and how it does.

At a theater not so near you, the first movie in Inupiaq. You'd have to be in New York on Sunday to see the Barrow- and Fairbanks-raised and NYU-trained filmmaker Andrew Okpeaha MacLean's latest film, "Sikumi," at the Sundance Institute. It will also show this month in Los Angeles, according to Back Stage.

Deemed an "Arctic Western" by MacLean, the film was shot in six days on the tundra near Barrow - in temperatures to 20 below zero and with polar-bear lookouts.

Sikumi means "on the ice," and the film tells the story of Apuna (Brad Weyiouanna), who is crossing the tundra by dogsled when he sees an acquaintance, Miqu (Tony Bryant), committing a brutal murder.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jun, 2008 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Inupiaq Movie May

Hmmm.... I would be interested in seeing this. Is it subtitled and do you think they'll bring it to Alaska. Seems a bit strange that they filmed it here, it is in Inupiat and not show it here. Some good things come out of Sundance. One of the few things I miss from the states.

> TOPIC: May 29: First Movie In Inupiaq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,