Painting On Panel

Painting Panel - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2015 - 11:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2015 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

Painting On Panel
A Friend

Painting On Panel

Painting on canvas is great, but if you want to try something different, I'd suggest painting on plywood. Plywood comes in different grades, including nice, smooth, furniture grade birch panels. Unprimed plywood is a pretty thirsty surface, so your paints will dry quicker than they do on canvas. And if you're worried that your paintings will be less 'real' than a painting on canvas, keep in mind that the Ghent alterpiece and the Mona Lisa were both painted on wood.

Sponsored Links:
19th Sep, 2015 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Panel Painting

I'm not much of a painter but if you are going to do that you will need to sand down the wood and possibly seal it first before doing that or it will crack. Wood tends to absorb a lot of paint as well so you need to take that into consideration if its a large project.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2015 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Painting On Panel
A Friend

Painting On Panel UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I haven't had an issue with cracking yet. That might happen with water based paint, but I'm using oils. The great thing is oil paints are based on linseed oil, and linseed oil is great for wood. If you want a nice white surface to paint on, you can always prime the panel first.

> TOPIC: Painting On Panel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,