What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 4 of 7

So, what I'm taking away from that - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Nov, 2015 - 7:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
  What Kind RPG Experience Looking For
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2015 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?
A Friend

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 4

Thanks, I'm already in a game. The weird thing is, I'm finding that I seem to be more interested in the theory of games than the actual practice.

Sponsored Links:
21st Nov, 2015 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

For You Experience RPG Kind What

How do you mean? Are you talking psychology or analytics or just talking about them in common?

I think site allows you to be in more than one game although admittedly I'm only in one myself.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2015 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? Reviews RPG & Card Board

Kengreen, game theory is an interesting topic of study. I myself am into game mechanics and tend to evaluate good games based on its mechanics above most other aspects.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2015 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 For You Experience RPG Kind What

Yeah, there's something oddly fascinating about the mechanics of Role-Playing Games. I think one of the greatest things about the original Dungeons & Dragons game was the fact that the rules for it were so bad that they forced so many people to invent better rules. It created a cottage industry of people figuring out how to better simulate reality. (Or "Fantasy reality", if that isn't an oxymoron).

21st Nov, 2015 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

For You Experience RPG Kind What

international QUOTE
I think one of the greatest things about the original Dungeons & Dragons game was the fact that the rules for it were so bad

When you say "Original" You mean the actual set from the 70s?

Simplification of rules is the best in my opinion because it brings about more role-play. If it were a board game then you would have rules / limits and play based on those limitations. Newer Role-playing Games seek to take away the strategy by making your character an instant hero capable of every feat you can think of even if in a more realistic scenario they would be far from it. With your new "Super hero" You don't have to think as much. Its almost like you are able to work outside the rules of gaming or cheat with consent, for me there is no fun with that but I know why publishers do it. Today, there is a different mindset so games evolve to compete with 3D video games that are pulling out the thinking and making the player super before they can start. Just my take.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2015 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would have to agree with Kengreen on the "Cottage rules" And also with Role-playing Game Expert in that ODungeons & Dragons really did encourage great Role - Playing because the rules were so simple. Consider it "Gaming Unbound".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Nov, 2015 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

What Kind RPG Experience You For - Page 4

international QUOTE (Expert)
Simplification of rules is the best in my opinion because it brings about more role-play.

That's why I've for the most part stuck with JB's games. The rules are super simple and makes you think it through, too bad its coming to an end.

international QUOTE
Newer Role-playing Games seek to take away the strategy by making your character an instant hero...

Like words from a sage.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2015 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Kind RPG Experience You For Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 4

So, what I'm taking away from that is a good game is one that encourages/forces the player to be creative. Would you agree with that statement.

And now I'm thinking of a Macgyver type game, where the challenge is to solve problems using a bunch of different objects the characters need to collect.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,