What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 5 of 7

A good rule of thumb is people will naturally - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 25th Nov, 2015 - 4:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
  What Kind RPG Experience Looking For
22nd Nov, 2015 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 5

If you're talking about what I said then I like the puzzle aspect of it but that's just me. I've come across rule mongers in other games as well as dice fanatics and those that just want rewards with no real input into the game. There definitely isn't one game for everyone but instead its like everyone has to find their one game.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2015 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?
A Friend

For You Experience RPG Kind What

True, it's not like I'm going to invent a new kind of game that everybody likes. Back when I was running games at conventions, I'd always try to run something unusual. So nobody would sign up for my events because they all wanted to Dungeons & Dragons. That was kind of a bummer.
One time, I came up with a GURPS Autoduel scenario. I even built an arena out of foamcore, and bought micrmachine cars to use as minis. It was pretty cool. Nobody bit. It was like trying to sell BLTs at a vegetarian convention. Things like that made me lose my faith in humanity.

22nd Nov, 2015 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? Reviews RPG & Card Board

People like to follow trends even if its not their favorite thing to do. They're afraid of being labelled or worst isolated.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2015 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 For You Experience RPG Kind What

That is so sadly ironic. Back when I was really active in the hobby, the mere fact of being a Role-playing Game player made one an outsider, and we wore that status like a badge.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2015 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

For You Experience RPG Kind What

I have spent 40 years with the Role-playing Game hobby. I wore my gamer status like a badge and was proud of my ability to play outside the box.

Kengreen, I think it is hard to promote or "sell" A new idea where the norm is something like D&D in whatever incarnation. I have seen many who have advertised on boards and forums that they are running XYZ Game at such and such con, and have literally taken names and communicated with people weeks prior to the con.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2015 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Huh. So maybe I sabotaged myself by picking something weird to run. I thought Autoduel was a natural because it was all about two things that people love: cars and guns. Eh, that's what I get for thinking.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2015 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Kind RPG Experience You For - Page 5

Kengreen, maybe you did sabotage yourself.

I happen to be one of the eccentric individuals, I would have played Autoduel just to spite the D&D cliques.

But a Fantasy Con is already advertising Fantasy, where as Mad Max Arena Dueling is more Future. Advertising and Marketing are key to any venture.

25th Nov, 2015 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

What Kind RPG Experience You For Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

A good rule of thumb is people will naturally gravitate to what they like. You may get some enthusiasts trying new things a bit here and there but only the ones who like it will stay. If someone is open to new stuff then you may have a better chance than a shy or orthodox kind of player.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,