What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 2 of 7

Intelligence and communication win wars. The - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 20th Nov, 2015 - 2:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
  What Kind RPG Experience Looking For
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2015 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?
A Friend

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 2

Yeah, it was a lot of, but I don't know how well it would work in this forum. I guess you would need a separate action stream for each team, so they could keep their moves secret. And it would be way too easy to cheat by subscribing to your opponents stream.
Besides, people playing here are probably looking for long-term campaigns, and this scenario is almost by definition a one-shot.

Sponsored Links:
17th Nov, 2015 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

For You Experience RPG Kind What

From what you described that's just for live play. You could probably do that here but then the threads would have to be kept hidden until the game is over.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2015 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE
You could probably do that here but then the threads would have to be kept hidden until the game is over.

JB can you keep game threads hidden on the ID Boards? If so, would it be an admin's job to make them public or could Game Master's have access to that feature?

Reconcile Edited: Malcolmshaw on 17th Nov, 2015 - 7:37pm

Post Date: 18th Nov, 2015 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 For You Experience RPG Kind What

With twelve hidden threads you could run a Hunger Games kind of scenario. But it would be difficult to form alliances.

19th Nov, 2015 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

For You Experience RPG Kind What

Maybe I'm not visualizing this, what's the point of carrying on a game if only the GM and the one player can see what's going on?

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2015 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

In a double-blind game, you would have at least two players. Each turn, the GM would tell each player what his character can see, and each player would tell the GM what his character will do. If the characters move into line-of-sight of each other, they fight or whatever.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Nov, 2015 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

What Kind RPG Experience You For - Page 2

I think that would be a really fun way to do things but I would feel sorry for the GM that has to coordinate that game. You would need a thread for side A, one for side B, and then a shared thread for when they do have contact with each other. You would need a method of keeping them from seeing what the other side is doing unless you want to go with the honor system, and I'd worry that you would have that one person that just couldn't resist taking a peak at the other sides thread to gain an advantage.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2015 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Kind RPG Experience You For Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

Intelligence and communication win wars.

The setup might seem a bit tedious, but the flow of things would be pushing players right into each other. You could probably skip the thread for when they make contact, just for the sake of making sure each side is observing what their opponents are doing and actions occur simultaneously.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,