Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review

Aericsteele' S Traveller Mongoose Campaign - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 6th Nov, 2015 - 7:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Aericsteele's Traveller  - Mongoose Campaign Review Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review
2nd Nov, 2015 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

If there is enough interest I am looking to run a science fiction setting utilizing the Traveller (Mongoose) core mechanics. I am open to a couple of different options in regards to the setting but I want some input from potential players regarding which option they would want. Rather than developing a plot, campaign setting, etc. And then trying to sell it to the players I prefer to let the players tell me what kind of game they would like to be involved in; although I do include my own input to this as well as there are some styles I'm not as keen on as others.

With that in mind I'm considering running a traditional Traveller campaign set in the Third Imperium (Probably in the Spinward Marches), a home brew setting that utilizes the core mechanics and system of Traveller but which does not use the default campaign setting, or using the setting found in Traveller: The New Era, the post apocalyptic/post Virus era wherein the characters would likely be members of the Reformation Coalition/Star Vikings. I am also open to other options as well though if a player has another idea that they would like to offer.

I would be looking for approximately four to six players. Character generation would include racial restriction of Human, Vargr, and maybe Aslan and since the only book I have to work with is the Core Rulebook I would rather not include any rules, races, career paths, etc. From supplements.

I am usually able to post daily if not every other day and I would expect the same from players; I tend to use the 48hr standard in that if a player has not posted something within 48hrs of their last post I'm going to move the game forward. If I haven't heard/seen anything from a player for two weeks I will probably write their character out of the story and this could include killing the character off. Real life can and does happen and I respect that, but I would appreciate a heads up if someone is going to be unavailable for a while. If I'm given notice I am much more likely to try and keep the character involved somehow.

The nature of my job does occasionally involve being out of town and sometimes without access to a computer, but it is rare for me not to be able to post something even when I'm away on training or whatever the case may be, and I will let the players know when I expect a delay in posting.

In general I am going to assume that players have access to the Traveller Core Rulebook. I am more than happy to assist players in character generation and understanding rules, but I don't want to have to take each player through these things step-by-step without being able to reference the book or point them in the right direction.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Nov, 2015 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Mongoose Traveller Aericsteeles

Aericsteele, thank you for your interest in being a GM here. It is likely that I will have you use the current Future Earth Play By Post Sci-Fi Role-playing Game Board for this as it already has that Theme. I will just have to shift my custom material to one end and re-code that Role-playing Game status check that it does now. While I am confident you can start a Traveller Role-playing Game here do you know if there are any issues with the current licensee holder about the actual use of the name or images? Do they have a fan kit or open policy like Paizo?

2nd Nov, 2015 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

I will do some research into licensing on this. A glance at the Core Rulebook says that there is no Open Game Content so I will contact Mongoose Publishing to verify whether it is ok to run this on this site.

2nd Nov, 2015 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

I emailed Matthew Sprange (..) at Mongoose Publishing regarding the copyright/licensing issue:

I have a question regarding whether it is ok for me to run a Traveller campaign on a play-by-post site. To do so I may need to post images such as sector/subsector maps, make references to the game including rules or using deck plans and/or ships found in the core rule book. The moderator of the site wanted to know "Do you know if there are any issues with the current licensee holder about the actual use of the name or images? Do they have a fan kit or open policy like Paizo?"

Would you be able to answer this question or point me in the right direction to someone that could answer it? Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

This was his reply:

international QUOTE (Matthew Sprange)
That would be no problem at all.

Regards,

Matthew

2nd Nov, 2015 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Thanks Aericsteele, please forward the reply to my Email for my records (I sent you one to Reply to). I also removed his Email from your Post so its not picked up by malicious bots. Looks like all you need now are the Players (2) to start. I also need to get the Board ready for your Traveller enterprise.

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2015 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller  - Mongoose Campaign Review
A Friend

It's nice to see a game company willing to grow out its brand with increased exposure, as opposed to dictators like The Mouse. I wish you the best of luck with the campaign, and I look forward to joining the crew when possible!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Nov, 2015 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Mongoose Campaign Review

Cool for Aericsteele. We got notified that we have to make room for you. wink.gif Since I frequent that board I'll check out your style whenever you stat in the background.

6th Nov, 2015 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Mongoose Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews

Aericsteele, I'm almost done with the changes on my end, however before I upload the new code does Mongoose Publishing have a downloadable fan kit or a set of fairly good images I can use without having to hunt?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,