Will My Book Flop?

Will Book Flop - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 16th Nov, 2015 - 1:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

2nd May, 2015 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Will My Book Flop?

I was thinking of writing a book about my experiences but I don't know if I should invest so much time into something that might flop. Is there a tested way of knowing if a future book will sell or not?

Sponsored Links:
2nd May, 2015 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Flop Book Will

I can think of several questions that need to be asked first:

1. What is the book about?
2. What type of book is it? (Bio, novel, etc.)
3. Which age group are you targeting?
4. Where are you planning to publish it?

4th May, 2015 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Will My Book Flop? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Thanks for replying. To answer you:

1. About my personal experiences living an alter life or secret life
2. About me, a biography
3. Any age but I think it will appeal more to younger people in their late teens or twenties
4. Locally and if it takes off then I will broaden it.

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2015 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Will My Book Flop?
A Friend

Flop Book Will

My suggestion would be to do it without expectations that it will be a commercial success. Write the story for you first. Craft the work, rewrite it and have someone who knows what they are doing edit it, offering revisions and criticism. If you get past that point and you still believe in your story, submit it or publish it yourself. Even if it does not take off, you have still created your work and have no reason to second-guess yourself. Your work will not be the worst thing ever created. I've seen self-published books on Amazon, and it would be hard to do worse. Be careful on how you accept criticism of your work. I guess that is the best advice I can offer.

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2015 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

Will My Book Flop?
A Friend

Flop Book Will

I think you should write it regardless of if it would flop or not. It would be a very cathartic exercise, considering it will about you and your life experiences. Omnusi has laid out a great course of action. If you find you aren't writing as often as you would like, I would recommend taking a tip from ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) and have your writing result in you rewarding yourself in some way. My wife awards herself with game time on the computer, where X amount of words = Y minutes.

> TOPIC: Will My Book Flop?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,