Munich Massacre 1972

Munich Massacre 1972 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 6:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

6th Mar, 2006 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Munich Massacre 1972

On the morning of September 5, with six days left in the Games, the worst tragedy in Olympic history hit. Eight Arab terrorists stormed into the Olympic village and raided the apartment building that housed the Israeli contingent. Two Israeli athletes were killed and nine more were seized as hostages. They demanded the release of over 200 Palestinians serving time in Israeli jails, along with two renowned German terrorists.

After a day of unsuccessful negotiations, the terrorists collected the hostages and headed for the military airport in Munich for a flight back to the Middle East. At the airport, German sharpshooters opened fire, killing three of the Palestinians. A horrifying gun battle ensued, claiming the lives of all nine of the hostages, along with one policeman and two terrorists.

https://www.infoplease.com/spot/mm-munich.html

When this terrible episode took place, I wasn't born yet, what I could not fully understand is how in the world these terrorists were able to pass security and accessed the Olympic village, kidnapped the athletes and coaches? and how the "rescue" mission end up with all the hostages dead? Any answers?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2006 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Munich Massacre 1972
A Friend

Massacre Munich

In my opinion it was a more innocent time. Before Munich, I don't believe there was any terrorism at the previous Olympics. Therefore security was not like it is today. As far as all the hostages being killed, I may be wrong, but the West Germans may not have had a specific counter terrorism unit. SWAT was invented in Los Angeles about this time. I don't believe a similar incident could happen in todays environment. Sincerely, pockettape.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Munich Massacre 1972 History & Civil Business Politics

'They came to hurt, and to kill'

FOR the first time, gruesome details of what militants did to athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics have been made public. Ref. Source 8i

> TOPIC: Munich Massacre 1972

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,