Venezuela

Venezuela - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Jan, 2005 - 4:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »
So much oil, so much resources, yet the people are so poor and the money (bolivar) has no value?
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2004 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Venezuela

Today everyone will find out if Hugo Chavez will stay on as President of Venezuela after the years long struggle he has faced against opposition and even the USA. Venezuela is a big hot spot in South America with many resources and the world's 5th largest oil supply. What do you think will be the out come and is Chavez really as bad as Pres. Bush has portrayed him?

Sponsored Links:
15th Aug, 2004 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

Venezuela

My understanding of it all is that Venezuelans were tired of their money constantly being devalued and so they voted in Hugo Chavez - the poor man's people. After some time I begun to hear the opposition saying that he was acting like a dictator and then even the US got in. If that is true or not I do not know, but one thing is for sure - I believe that more people are for him than against him as is portrayed by the media.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

16th Aug, 2004 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Venezuela History & Civil Business Politics

Well as I predicted - Chavez has won, but also as expected the opposition is declaring fraud and foul play. What do you think?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Venezuela

EDITORIAL: VENEZUELA OFFERS A LESSON

There are a dozen ways of looking at the re-election of Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez as the nation's president.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...84799%2C00.html

18th Aug, 2004 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Venezuela

As expected, the opposition claims to have proof that Chavez duped the elections so that he could win. They say they will turn over the evidence to prove it, however international reps say they can find no evidence that there was a problem in the election. Chavez is claiming that the opposition are just sore loosers.

19th Aug, 2004 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Venezuela

I don't know what to believe about Chavez and Venezuela anymore. It is obvious to me that there is a great percentage of people who are not happy with him as President so it is very weird that he got so many votes...it is very strange indeed. rolleyes.gif A full investigation should take place to determine whether the elections were totally transparent...personally...I doubt it.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Aug, 2004 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Venezuela

Well remember I said that Chavez has the vote of the man on the street - the poor man, and of course, this makes up the majority of Venezuela. I too am interested to hear what the report says and if no fault is found will the people return to normal?

7th Jan, 2005 - 4:48am / Post ID: #

Venezuela Politics Business Civil & History

This is one of the few countries in S. America that I can actually envision turning Communist. The conditions of the country are very ripe for this to happen...reminds me of the Bolshevik revolution (except there might not be a need to overturn the government, as Chavez seems kinda interested in the direction already).

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Venezuela

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,