Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Review

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Review - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 18th Dec, 2015 - 2:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2015 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hello all,

Looking to attempt my first campaign Dungeon Mastering in a long time, but also first time here on a forum which is better and worse (No distractions and side convo's anyone?) Right, my [play style] is very choose your own adventure in the sense that I give you the setting and you choose. I draw a lot of inspiration with these types of books, video games, and just your personal attitudes. I don't like to restrict players in a linear path where they must do it this way or they will be killed or something else. I want people who can think out of the box, use strategy and common sense, and don't mind if they do a stupid decision accept the consequences, including death game one. I want people to be involved in a story they create and feel like their actually in the world and a part of something. If they feel they have what it takes to lead and be a king, [damn it] let them! I have many quests and choices that my players will be able to make and in doing so affect other things in the world. You take to long to stop a necromancer from performing a dark rite because you were off helping others or crafting? [Well], that's a consequence you live with and allows the players to gain a new, although challenging quest that will reward them greatly. That's the type of story I am looking for in this campaign.

I am most experienced in 3.5 but their rules are static and easily broken and exploited. I'm looking to run a Pathfinder campaign with a custom world and cities. I would require a character creation page, main Dungeon Master page, and player page where all interactions and plot related posts would be. I don't have players right now but when I set it up I hope to see a few people play. Honestly I'm open to as many players as want to play but a group of 4-5 is fine. It's easy to separate parties in forum posts and I think of roll 20 a lot with this style. So much easier to manage than on paper and pen like in the real world laugh.gif. If you need more information let me know alright?

Sponsored Links:
13th Dec, 2015 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Pathfinder Arthos

international QUOTE (Arthos)
...also first time here on a forum which is better and worse (No distractions and side convo's anyone?)

Not sure I understand this part, please expand.

international QUOTE
Right, my [play style] is very choose your own adventure in the sense that I give you the setting and you choose

You should give an idea of what kind of Campaign, World or Scenario they will be involved in so Players can know what kind of Character to create.

international QUOTE
I would require a character creation page, main Dungeon Master page, and player page where all interactions and plot related posts would be.

The Dungeon Master page is where only you update the story and the Player page is where they respond to it or is the Player page for Players to debate what they will do and then put their final action in the Dungeon Master page?

Do note, whatever structure you choose you must stay with it and the Threads throughout. In other words, no more than those three Threads.

What will be the starting level for Players? What is the expected Posting rate for Players and yourself?

Besides waiting to see if anyone happens to be interested from the Community you can do your own advertising by linking to this Topic on other networks - I no longer do this for Game Masters.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2015 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

Well it's going to be high fantasy using the Pathfinder campaign rules but with a custom world. On top of that more details will be provided in the post of course. And I was referring to RL D&D campaigns, most of the time you get no where because you end up getting distracted and having a lot of side conversations. If you played Unepic you would understand.

Everyone will start at lv 1 and expected to post every day, or every other day. I myself am busy a lot but shouldn't have a problem posting at least once a day.

In regards to the pages, yes three. I want the players to be immersed and not be distracted by simple Out of Character: comments unless they use In Character: actions along with it. I'd need a page for character creation, a page for plot sources and story for the Dungeon Master, and a place where players can post their actions, converse, and work towards that. Of course ask questions as well. It also helps limit the amount of space taken up since there are quite a few Role-playing Game's up right now, at least it looks like it.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2015 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Arthos, I am looking forward to this game getting started, mostly because you are going with a home brewed setting. Homebrews are the best as they a a very good reflection of their creators. More personal. More realistic.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2015 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thanks Malcolm hope to see you make a character then. God knows I need people to populate this world laugh.gif. I've tried it in the past and it's where I first started this character (Arthos Romaria) and I'd like to recycle the name but it may be to much. I think I may have to change up a few names of cities and stuff and all quests and story will be 100% original. Not recycling anything of that. I want to try something new and fun because I love writing and making stories. I want the players to feel like their a character in a book and want to read that said book.

I'll make the pages when I get approval though, assuming I have it and need to make the pages myself.

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2015 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Always glad to support the aspiring authors and the creative minds alike. Count me as one interested player.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Dec, 2015 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Alright, haven't gotten the ok from JB so I'm going to assume I'm good. Writing out the pages I need then and hope to see some players. I have no limit to how many want to play. It's open to whoever and if you want to be a villain and fight the heroes whatever, it's your story not mine. I just provide the flavor text to influence your decisions (Laugh)

18th Dec, 2015 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews

international QUOTE
Alright, haven't gotten the ok from JB so I'm going to assume I'm good.

This is a bit ambiguous. You haven't gotten the "OK" so what do you mean "I'm good"? I moved your Character Creation Thread temporarily. You only create that and your other Threads when you have at least two dedicated Players state here that they are interested in your Role-playing Game. So far you only have one. When you have two your first Thread should be the Rules / Main Thread so Players can know what kind of Campaign / Scenario they are joining. Then I will make that Thread your main Role-playing Game and all the others the associated Threads to it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,