2008 Buy A Car Or A Truck?

2008 Buy Car Truck - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 11th Jun, 2008 - 2:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
F-series truck
Ford F Series not as popular anymore?
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2008 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

2008 Buy A Car or A Truck?

Ford's F-series truck, which saw sales plummet 31% in May to 42,973, has been the best-selling truck in the USA for 31 years. Cars outsold the top-selling Ford F-series truck in May for the first time since 1992, a sign of the rapid shift in customers' preferences from trucks and SUVs to small cars that is forcing painful production cuts and plant closures at General Motors and Ford Motor. For a generation, pickups and SUVs have symbolized a rugged, oversized, no-holds-barred American lifestyle.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2008-0..._N.htm?csp=Cars

2008 Buy A Car Or A Truck? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2008 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Truck Or Car Buy

I just bought a new car last year so I am not looking this year. If I was I would be looking for a small truck or car that has a 30 plus mileage rating. I would want one to have flexible fuel option too. A hybrid would be nice.

8th Jun, 2008 - 6:40am / Post ID: #

2008 Buy A Car Or A Truck? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Since we commute 80+ miles 5 days a week in an Expedition we are seriously considering something better on fuel. Paying $1000 a month on gas is putting a dent in our lifestyle. Something with more fuel economy would definitely spark our interest. May even be worth having a car payment. We have discussed looking at an Impala or something similar. The Prius is excellent on mileage - runs about 45mpg but not sure if it is for us or not.

10th Jun, 2008 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Truck Or Car Buy

My wife runs a short distance to work but we have been debating on a second car and leave the dakota for the rough work or bad snow days.

We really do not get much snow but the city never seems to play and then all the small cars get beached in the 6 to 8 inch of snow we get most here are poor winter drivers.

I have been looking at the scion reliable not bad space....Millage I do not know.

The Prius is nice but way over priced for my liking, and I do not think the Hybrids are a good buy yet as they charge excess premium for them. Also the batteries will need to be replaced before I sell or scrap the car driving the cost above the value of the reduced gas costs given our traveling we do.

Been looking at the idea of a Honda rebel also but one is very limited in its use.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2008 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Truck Or Car Buy

I have been seeing a lot of commercials about the honda hydrogen fuel cell. Not sure of the name of it but the commercial starts off with men killing each other will water toys. I know it has peaked my interest in learning more about it.

11th Jun, 2008 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

I have not seen those commercials. What makes them different or better? (Other than the guys with water guns cool.gif )

A lot of people up here have taken to riding bikes to work - year round (go figure). I would love to give that a try but a 40 mile commute doesn't mesh.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jun, 2008 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

2008 Buy Car Or Truck

The hydrogen car is cleaner but I do not think any cheaper to run yet. that is changing fast with the fuel price change. If you can why not a cheap motor Cycle? If under 400 CC insurance is good and great mileage.

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2008 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

2008 Buy Car Or Truck Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Yes a hydrogen fuel cell may be the way of the future if gas keeps going up. The nice thing about the hydrogen fuel cell is it produces clean water. No more pollutants coming our of the exhaust pipe. A motorbike might be for some but the way some motorists drive anymore it is too dangerous.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: 2008 Buy A Car Or A Truck?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,