US Unemployment - Page 11 of 36

Unemployment is terrible. I think what makes - Page 11 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th May, 2010 - 2:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 36 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (36) »
USA Unemployment rate increasing
2nd Apr, 2010 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

US Unemployment - Page 11

Something else that has been bugging me while I continue to look for work. I wish I could just throw my name into a pool and get a phone call. Instead I have to fill out all these forms and meet all these people. It starts to get, whats the word, annoying sort of. I mean I walk in and say, "Hey are you guys hiring?" or whatever but really I want to say, "are you gonna give me a job or not?"

I am getting sick of the process that one is forced to go threw. How mutch am I really supposed to fake caring for a job that pays minimum wage? Can't we just cut the formalities, I mean really. The guy hiring has seen 20 people like me that week probably. He either has a position for me or not, don't waste my time.

So of course this attitude is most likely coming out in the way I present myself. Are you going to hire the nice sweet girl who has no experience but sees the glass as half full. Or are you going to hire a guy like me who probably won't put up with your garbage but can do a really good job. Most people will hire the pretty girl or positive attitude person even if they are dumb or have no experience. They probably will not be there long anyway considering the turn around at minimum wage jobs.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2010 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Unemployment US

More than 200,000 to lose jobless benefits Monday with Congress out:

Starting Monday, more than 200,000 unemployed Americans won't see jobless benefits they're expecting because Congress failed to act. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 7th May, 2010 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

US Unemployment History & Civil Business Politics

The jobless rate rose to 9.9% in April -- from 9.7% in March

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Employers stepped up job creation in April, expanding payrolls by 290,000, the most in four years. The jobless rate rose to 9.9% in April -- from 9.7% in March -- as people streamed back into the market looking for work. The unemployment rate rose in April, mainly because 805,000 jobseekers -- perhaps feeling better about their prospects -- resumed their searches for work. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 7th May, 2010 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Unemployment US

CHANGE: Unemployment up to 9.9%

The President who promised he'd stop the oceans from rising hasn't been able to stop unemployment from doing the same. Despite the bad news, that's not stopping the President from turning that frown upside down! Glenn has the latest on the crappy numbers that the president thinks rock. Ref. Source 8

7th May, 2010 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Unemployment US

I think this is going to get much worse before it gets better. The President is probably aware of this and trying to not cause a panic by stretching the truth. Funny thing is if no one panics everything will be much better, so he is actually doing the right thing possibly by telling these lies. On the other hand he is the president and should be honest with the public, but why start now.

Again these percentages are not accurate, the only reason unemployment is not sky rocketing right now it because warmer weather is here. That always raises the employment, I think this is a false percentage.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 7th May, 2010 - 11:28pm

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Post Date: 7th May, 2010 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

US Unemployment

Unemployment insurance system is in crisis:

A record 20 million Americans collected unemployment benefits last year, and twenty-six states have run out of funds and been forced to borrow from the federal government, raise taxes, or cut benefits. Ref. Source 5

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th May, 2010 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

US Unemployment - Page 11

Just to be clear I do not collect unemployment, though I could. I do receive food stamps, but then again I have a child. I am not saying collecting unemployment is wrong but, it is not a solution to the problem.

8th May, 2010 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

US Unemployment Politics Business Civil & History - Page 11

Unemployment is terrible. I think what makes it even more bad is when someone is unwilling to take another job just because they don't want to do something they think is beneath them.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

> TOPIC: US Unemployment

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,