How To Pick A Running Mate

How Pick Running Mate - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Jun, 2008 - 4:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

USA The Next US Vice President
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2008 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

"It may be the most important decision they make - or at least one of the most important of their presidency - and it's the one thing that they basically control," former vice president Walter Mondale, 80, said in a telephone interview from his law office in Minneapolis. He's seen it from both sides, being tapped by Jimmy Carter to join the Democratic ticket in 1976 and choosing Geraldine Ferraro as his running mate in 1984.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/elec...-10-veeps_N.htm

Sponsored Links:
12th Jun, 2008 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

Mate Running Pick How

I think it is probably more important for these two candidates than most others that have run for a few obvious reasons. One, there is a concern that Obama could be assassinated in office. It is incredible that we now have a viable black candidate for the office, but that may not sit too well with all of America and we cannot deny this possibility. Two, McCain probably delivered mail as a youngster on dinosaurs and could go at any minute. So really, the choice of a VP is pretty important in this election.

How important is the VP slot? Well ask yourself how many times in US history has the VP become President?

The number is 14...and of those 14 only 5 were elected to the position, 4 got the position when the sitting president died of natural cause, 4 got the position when the president was assassinated and 1 got the position when the president resigned. Honestly, if it werent for the ones that ended up being president, I could not go back very far in my memory to name all the VP's. I get stuck at Carter and Eisenhower most of the time.

In my opinion, the choice of VP only reassures my choice for President. I do not vote for a candidate because he/she choose the best VP. Now that having been said, for this election, I will pay more attention to who is chosen for the VP slot and it will weigh in more on my decision making this election, but the ultimate person I will vote for is the one seeking the #1 job. Unless, they choose a VP candidate that I could not possibly vote for for President, it will not effect my vote. However...if they do, I would vote otherwise, but there are only a few politicians that I could see pushing me that way.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: How To Pick A Running Mate

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,