Teaching For Our Times - Who Is My Neighbor?

Teaching Times Neighbor - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Jun, 2008 - 4:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th Jun, 2008 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

Teaching For Our Times - Who Is My Neighbor?

I will be teaching this in Relief Society June 22. I am to base my lesson on Bishop H. David Burton's conference talk (H. David Burton, "And Who Is My Neighbor?," Ensign, May 2008, 51-52). In giving these lessons we are told:

(From www.lds.org) Pray that the Holy Spirit will be with you as you study and teach the talk(s). You may be tempted to prepare the lesson using other materials, but the conference talks are the approved curriculum. Your assignment is to help others learn and live the gospel as taught in the most recent general conference of the Church.
Review the talk(s), looking for principles and doctrines that meet the needs of class members. Also look for stories, scripture references, and statements from the talk(s) that will help you teach these truths.

In this talk there are two scriptures, a couple human interest stories, and the first and last paragraphs to work from. The remaining 90% is statistics on the Church's humanitarian efforts.

I can teach the lesson. My concern is that I need about 40 minutes of material. I found a couple articles in the Church News I can use, but that is all.

Any thoughts on how I can present this lesson, fill the time and still work within the guidelines as we have been instructed?

Sponsored Links:
13th Jun, 2008 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Neighbor My Who Times Our Teaching

If I was you, I would try to gather stories on a local level. I find members in general are more touched when they find out something good happening within their wards or stakes than in a remote island in the Pacific as an example.

13th Jun, 2008 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

Teaching For Our Times - Who Is My Neighbor? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Good point. And there is a lot being done locally. Also, do you recall, sometime during the last few days there was a quote - I think it was on one of these thread - but maybe it was on LDS.org when I was researching, but basically it said - doing humanitarian service is great, and many people will gladly help where needed when asked however, there are those who do not wait for the program but will see the need and do whatever they can to help without first being asked. It was saying those who are proactive and help those in need before the programs are even developed will be greatly blessed. I thought that would fit in nicely, but now I cannot find where I read it.

> TOPIC: Teaching For Our Times - Who Is My Neighbor?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,