Texas Weather: Storms - Page 3 of 4

Jees I hope folks come out of this horrific - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Aug, 2017 - 11:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Texas Weather: Storms Texas atmospheric sciences
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Texas Weather: Storms
A Friend

Texas Weather: Storms - Page 3

With all the rain the southeastern Texas is getting I can see many people needing saved due to the fact that Houston has gotten two feet of rain in the past couple days. Wonder if we should put the word lake in front of Houston any time soon.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Storms Weather Texas

Not yet but they are renaming all their street and avenue names to streams and rivers. In all seriousness, it's pretty bad down there. There have already been a few deaths and if the rain continues as expected there will probably be more. This storm is now like a faucet tapping into the Gulf's waters and dropping them on Houston and its environs.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Texas Weather: Storms History & Civil Business Politics

Flooding from Tropical Storm Harvey is overburdening resources as authorities in and around Houston scramble to save those trapped by the high waters.

The National Weather Service calls the flooding "Unprecedented" and warns things may become more dire if a record-breaking rain total of 50 inches falls on parts of Texas.

"The breadth and intensity of this rainfall are beyond anything experienced before," the service said. "Catastrophic flooding is now underway and expected to continue for days."

Several states and the US military are sending emergency workers and equipment to Texas.

In Harris County, though, authorities are having trouble getting supplies and equipment.

"We've requested boats, all the things that would normally happen in a well-planned response to an event like this, but they can't get here," Harris County Judge Ed Emmett said.

Houston’s mayor warned the rain could exacerbate flooding for "Four to five days," and Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Brock Long said he expects his agency "Is going to be there for years."

Latest updates:

President Donald Trump plans to travel to Texas on Tuesday, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said.
The Houston Independent School District has canceled school for the week.
Houston's William P. Hobby Airport is closed until Wednesday because of flooding, the Federal Aviation Administration said.
Ben Taub Hospital is being evacuated after flooding in the basement "Disrupted the power source," Emmett said.
Some 316,000 customers have lost electricity, Gov. Greg Abbott said.
The storm forced key oil and gas facilities on the US Gulf Coast to close. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Storms Weather Texas

Wow, it's up to a rain total of 50" in some areas. That is an absolutely incredible amount of rain to fall in only a few days. This is a once in a lifetime event.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Storms Weather Texas

While this is something that has never happened before it also shows you how much the climate is working against us. You have over 8 million people impacted by all of this rain. I hope that people are able to work well together to make sure everyone in danger is removed from the dangerous flooding.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2017 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Harvey continues dumping rain on East Texas and the waters continue to rise. People are starting to panic, rushing rescue boats and even shooting at them if they don't stop, said one volunteer rescuer.

Clyde Cain, of the Cajun Navy, a Louisiana-based rescue force that gained fame during Hurricane Katrina, said in one instance, a boat broke down, and while the crew sought shelter in a delivery truck, people tried to steal the inoperable boat.

Because of the hostile responses, the Cajun Navy has been forced to halt some rescue attempts, Cain said.

There is no indication the water will stop rising anytime soon. Forecasters say more rain is coming. Lots more.

Other developments:

-- President Donald Trump said he believes Congress will act quickly to provide disaster relief funding to the areas affected by Hurricane Harvey.

-- This photo treatment shows Houston then and now.

-- One analyst expects retail gas prices to go up about 15 cents a gallon, perhaps more along the Gulf Coast.

-- With emergency responders overwhelmed, civilians and strangers have become heroes for storm victims.

-- A Houston television station that temporarily stopped broadcasting Sunday is back on the air.

-- Harvey has dumped 11 trillion gallons of rain over Texas, according to a weather analytics expert. Here’s a look at Harvey’s impact by the numbers.

-- Want to help victims of Hurricane Harvey? Here's how. Ref. CNN.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2017 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Texas Weather Storms - Page 3

Desperation breeds desperate measures, including stealing an inoperative boat. A storm of this magnitude will cause more desperate measures in the coming days I fear.

29th Aug, 2017 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Texas Weather Storms Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Jees I hope folks come out of this horrific situation ok. Sadly it won't be the last weather disaster to hit the south and I can but be thankful that I live in a wet, but somewhat tame weather belt here in the UK. I wish all the best to those of you who might have family and friends caught up in this horrible situation and hope that the nightmare ends soon. sad.gif.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Texas Weather: Storms

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,