Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

RPG System Reviewed
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2015 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

DC Heroes RPG

RPG Name: DC Heroes

Description: DC Heroes RPG Mayfair Games

What are your reviews for this classic role-playing game? Would DC Heroes play by post work well? If you have actually used this system please give your reviews both as a player or game master.

Played As: DC Heroes PBP RPG? or See more RPG systems

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2016 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

DC Heroes  RPG
A Friend

RPG Heroes DC

My second gaming system ever owned was Mayfair's Exponential Gaming System (MEGS) for DC Heroes.

MEGS is a diceless system that is scaleable based on how powerful a campaign/adventure you want to run.

Last Edition of this game was in the mid 90s. Another High School acquisition, though I bought this one.

This is one of the few systems I have seen that deal with an Exponential System. As for Super Heroes, this is still my most favorite system. It has the ability to scale up or down depending on the power level you wish to play with.

This system also introduced me to the first set of rules dealing with Opposed Rules and Resisted Rolls. Also to be noted was that the Attributes were set in a three by three grid,

Physical Attributes in the first row. Mental Attributes in the second row. Mystical Attributes in the third row. Acting/Opposing Attributes were in the first column. Effect Attributes in the second column. The third column had Resistance Attributes.

The system may seem a bit crunchy but the math makes sense and the system is fairly seamless. Though the licensing for the system is limbo and the second company to own the licensing has fubared I am hopeful to see someone reacquire it and produce more with it.

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2016 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

DC Heroes  RPG
A Friend

DC Heroes RPG Reviews RPG & Card Board

One correction to my previous post:

MEGS is not diceless, but uses a 2D10 to achieve results between 2 and 20.

Attributes also determine Initiative, combining all Acting/Opposing Attribute Values.

All Skills have an associated Attribute, providing a base line stat for any Skill to be used untrained.

Powers and Skills can be linked to their respective Attributes, thereby increasing strength and potency.

> TOPIC: DC Heroes RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,