Nexus: The Infinite City RPG

Nexus Infinite City Rpg - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 9th Aug, 2018 - 6:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

RPG System Reviewed
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2015 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

Nexus: The Infinite City RPG

RPG Name: Nexus: The Infinite City

Description: Nexus: The Infinite City RPG

What are your reviews for this role-playing game? Would Nexus: The Infinite City play by post work well? Did you ever try a home brew version of this RPG, if so what did you do to improve upon it.

Played As: Nexus: The Infinite City PBP RPG? or See more RPG systems

Sponsored Links:
9th Aug, 2018 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

RPG City Infinite Nexus

Nexus is a city caught between dimensions, similar to Cynosure from First Comics Grimjack series by John Ostrander. This Infinite City spans numerous dimensions, each with different laws relating to magic, technology and the existence and influence of gods. This one fits into the category of systems I have read, but not actually played, so my information is a bit limited.

It is a point buy system, where characters are constructed rather than randomly generated. Magic, psionics and other extraordinary powers are all available, but not under a specific system. Instead, players are given rules for creating a power system, with some examples to show the way. I remember the system to be a little clunky feeling, but as I said, I have no actual play experience to back it up with.

The setting, however has lots of delightful little gems. My personal favorite is Something Street, a sort of pocket dimension that interfaces randomly with roads. If you ever give directions like "It's at the corner of Hope and Something. . ." Be wary. Your next destination may be the Infinite City. And on Something Street, you can find the Three Doctors Medical clinic, owned and operated by three former super villains, Dr. Demon, Dr. Death, and Dr. Destruction, now attempting to atone for their past misdeeds.
Another gem is the idea of gods basically selling themselves and their power to "Worshippers" for donations of whatever that particular god happens to need. Stleb, for example, is a vampire worm deity, so it asks for blood.

If nothing else, these tidbits make the game worth looking at, at least for me.

> TOPIC: Nexus: The Infinite City RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,