Using Hellgate London Images In An RPG

Using Hellgate London Images Rpg - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 28th Nov, 2015 - 2:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

07th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2015 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hellgate London is an MMORPG set in near post apocalyptic future. Originally released in 2007 by Flagship Studios, the game will being closing its servers at the end of 2015. The Korean company HanbiSoft holds the current licensing for Hellgate London, Hellgate Tokyo, and Hellgate Global.

The setting is a perfect mesh of horror, science fiction, and post apocalyptic disaster.

I am not entirely certain what the legal issues are around using video game scenes for the forums here. I have another name for the Play by Post game I would be creating from this setting. What other complications and issues might there be?

I know Savage Worlds, the Table Top Role-playing Game system I would be using, has no issues with their product being used.

Sponsored Links:
27th Nov, 2015 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

RPG In Images London Hellgate Using

Cool! Hellgate was one of my favourite games back in the day. I will be checking for updates, I am already interested.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2015 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Using Hellgate London Images In An RPG Reviews RPG & Card Board

Welcome to the boards Morfeas. You and Aericsteele are currently the first and second interested players. Aericsteele wants to play a post apocalyptic Savage Worlds, and you are a fellow HGLondoner.

This game will be a good thing, once I can clear a few startup hurdles.

Questions, comments, concerns, and/or suggestions. Feel free to post them here. I am open to discussing.

27th Nov, 2015 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

I am unsure about this Thread.

Is it a review of Hellgate London the PC game?

Or is it the actual Thread in preparation for a Hellgate London related Role-playing Game Review?

Or is it just to see if a Hellgate London theme could be used in Savage Worlds?

Based on your answer we have existing Threads or the title needs to be different.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2015 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

JB - I know you like to give games an artistic look. There are visual elements from Hellgate London that could be used for a PA Role-playing Game .

This was not intended to be an interest thread or one discussing the video game. I was trying to give some background to an issue about using video game material, specifically pictures from Hellgate London.

27th Nov, 2015 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

OK I changed the Thread to reflect the subject. The only official policy seems to revolve around the use of their online server here. They have a screenshot page but it seems more of a demo than usable fankit stuff.

Their forums are not functional and their FB page has not been updated since January which probably means they are not interested in keeping up things. Regardless, this does not mean that permission is granted to use their stuff as no public domain or conditional use for their content could be found either.

Therefore, short of an Email with this permission we can't use stuff from there. Images I use here are based on permission, condition, royalty free, or stock purchases. While I do like to graphically enhance a game it is mostly based on the system and not the actual theme. For instance, if you decide to use Savage World's (SW) to run an Role-playing Game based on Hellgate then I would follow the images of SW first and then add your apocalyptic world. This is actually the last stage and could be ironed out in the actual Reviews Thread when you start it.

Rather off topic, but...
I actually have a plan to introduce at some point backgrounds that GMs can use for their games. For instance a dark, winter, desert, outter space or other scene. They will be able to select the style just as is done in the Character Sheet.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2015 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Using Hellgate London Images In RPG

Well I am glad that we are able to get the details laid down so quickly.

Now I will return you all to your regularly scheduled program and I am returning to my Mad Scientist Lair to crank out a little Savage Worlds PA adventure.

28th Nov, 2015 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Using Hellgate London Images In RPG Board Card & RPG Reviews

Hey Malcolmshaw, I can draw the images that you want, taking inspiration of the game and other media. Since it will be based on Hellgate and not a direct copy of it's universe.

But take note, because of my uni hours, I prefer to do them in batches.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Using Hellgate London Images In An RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,