Corinthi Introduction

Corinthi Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 4th Jan, 2016 - 3:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2016 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 115
Flag Posts: 135
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.2%
[+] Gain: 104.82 FP
Charm: 13

Corinthi Introduction

Greetings all,

I'm Jesse. I've been roleplaying since I was a wee tot, and that's been a good, long while ago.

I started Text based roleplaying in the days of BBSes, moved on to MUDs, MUSHes, and MUXes, and eventually forum based roleplays. Never really did much IRCing, because the format just seems odd to me.

I enjoy a wide variety of genres and theme, and am interested to see what this community has to offer.

Thanks for reading.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: -- | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 4th Jan, 2016 - 4:10am
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2016 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Middle Ages Facts

Introduction Corinthi

Welcome Ta Ye Ole' Forum!

So, Ye be seeking Adventure eh? Ye be one after meh own heart. Meh mates have cut down several dragons in times past and we be always in serious need of an extra hand fer deeper darker dungeons of brilliant gold. Friend, get ready, cause we be havin' many an exciting Play By Post Role-playing Game here: How To Find The Role-playing Game That Fits Me?

[+] Sci-Fi Play By Post Role-playing Game
[+] Mystery & Horror Role-playing Game
[+] D&D / Pathfinder Member Wars Role-playing Game

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2016 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Corinthi Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome JesseThacker! The Role-playing Games here are largely Play By Post, have you tried that before? Is there a particular Role-playing Game system that you are interested in?

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2016 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced

Introduction Corinthi

Oh, I've done a fair bit of Play By Post. In my experience, I find they typically have interesting starts, then fade into obscurity before the first arc is completed, which is irksome.

I ran a forum dedicated to Play By Post Nobilis that lasted a good long while. Probably my crowning achievement of forum play.

I tend to find things to like in most Role-playing Games. I'm currently running a campaign of FFG Star Wars, and on Thursday I'll be starting up some Monsterhearts. On Saturdays we're playing through Deadlands The Flood. Recently finished up some Pathfinder, Through the Breach, and 13th Age. I've been around the block a few times and like trying new games. Dresden Files is probably my favorite Role-playing Game, and I'm excited to see Dresden Accelerated when it comes out.

Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 4th Jan, 2016 - 4:10am
Signature:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2016 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Corinthi

You're very experienced so you should fit in nicely with the other experienced players here. The games you mentioned are real time play?

Most of the Play By Post started here are brought to a conclusion or at least close with notice as we tend to cater for a more cultured participant. Based on your thoughts about Play By Post are you looking to be the GM or a player in a Play By Post environment?

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2016 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced

Corinthi Introduction

Given I've only been an active participant on this board for less than an hour, it feels a bit premature to offer to run something.

I suspect I'll get the lay of the land, look for a game or two to participate in, and just get a feel for if the community and board software is a good fit.

And yes, while Nobilis was Play By Post, most of my gaming is Face to Face. While Play By Post allows for my character development/exploration, the pace and interaction of Face to Face play is my first love.

Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2016 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Corinthi Introduction

You're right, and we do ask new members to get a feel for everything to make sure the environment fits their needs. Horde gave you the most important link to start: How To Find The Role-playing Game That Fits Me?, however should you have any questions about a feature or policy in the community please ask here, your introduction, and someone will help.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2016 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced

Corinthi Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Does the How To Find post automatically update as new player seeking threads are started?

I'd feel odd trying to jump into a game that's already been running for months.

Signature:
+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Corinthi Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,