Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection

Text Rpg Creator Deity' S Resurrection - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 16th Jan, 2016 - 1:53am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 3 19 38 Why Join Help
+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2016 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,962
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,542.85 FP
Charm: 338

Text Role-playing Game Creator Deity's Resurrection

How will you, as a player, feel about an option to have a deity, be it good or bad, grant your Character a chance to be resurrected if a favor is done in return? This is an option you will have to qualify for and use as a last resort to resurrect a Character. The favor that must be done in return is randomly generated and will need to be honored by the GM so he will have to work it into his / her Role-playing Game.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2016 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 115
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.5%
[+] Gain: 104.82 FP
Charm: 13

Resurrection Deitys Creator RPG Text

I'm mighty hesitant. Resurrection is a very game specific and setting specific consideration. If such a thing make sense as a setting element, then fine, but it's certainly not something I'd want as a default that a GM /has/ to accept. If it was built into a Play by Post system, it should be a toggle. If that's a random element a GM wants in their game, they can check the toggle and make that clear at the onset to potential players. If it's not something they want, it's not something software should force on them.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2016 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,962
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,542.85 FP
Charm: 338

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection Reviews RPG & Card Board

Attached Image QUOTE (Corinthi)
...but it's certainly not something I'd want as a default that a GM /has/ to accept.

That is not the way added features in our Text Role-playing Game Creator works. Just like the current Character Gems the Player must find out first if the GM accepts it, if he / she does then the result must also be accepted and honored. Therefore if you were a GM of a Role-playing Game here you would first have to say if you are willing to accept the Deity's Resurrection, if you are then you must also accept the random favor.

Such added features do somethings beyond just the Role-playing Game at hand:

1. They allow Players to 'work' for or support the site as these features aren't easy to come by.
2. They add a twist to Role-playing Games because they are custom coded you won't find it anywhere else
3. They force Role-playing Games to not be routine / stagnant as the feature acts as an anomaly that has to be worked into a current story.

Now, in the case of this feature the fact that the return is a favor now leaves an extra adventure open as it needs to be fulfilled with the consequences of such being determined by the GM.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2016 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 291
Avg: 1.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 49.5%
[+] Gain: 2,457.48 FP
Charm: 25

I like this idea. It gives hope if you really love a character and don't want to lose him to some stupid move or bad dice rolls. Seeing how much gems cost I would be afraid to know the cost of this!

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2016 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,932
Avg: 2.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 51.1%
[+] Gain: 5,072.03 FP
Charm: 25

Yes! I can't imagine losing a high level character to some bottomless pit when he accidentally stepped on it. Maybe for it to make sense this might need to be selected early and that character claim an allegiance to the deity that will help.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2016 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 604
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 33.3%
[+] Gain: 238.47 FP
Charm: 43

I say yes! Especially if this is something a Dungeon Master decides is how Resurrection works by default.

Myself, I was always somewhat bothered by how easy it sometimes was to bring back a dead character, the 'revolving door' as it were in which death as little consequence apart from being an annoyance.

It also allows an option if a player doesn't want to lose their character because of a bad roll or mistake... While also making it so that regaining their character is a challenge and takes work. Actually giving the resurrection meaning and not just something available to a player.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2016 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Premium Editor
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 394
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.5%
[+] Gain: 2,010.49 FP
Charm: 24

Once I wouldn't have to do be forced to do it I think its a cool option. Sometimes I don't mind a character dying just because I'm ready to create a new one.

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2016 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,225
Avg: 1.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 35.3%
[+] Gain: 3.40 FP
Charm: 108

I will +1 to this idea. I don't care if a low level character gets passed out of a game but if I've been playing a character for awhile I've become sentimentally attached and will naturally need a way out if even its an attempt that might fail.

Post Date: Thu Oct 18, 2018 - 11:52:36 GMT / Post ID: #

History

We break from Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection to share philosophy from yesteryear:
HistoricToday is: 18th October (GMT), in history on the 18th of October, 1929 AD the following birth happened:
Violeta Barrios de Chamorro: President of Nicaragua (1990- )

Guest please SHARE: "Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Future Terra II

Automated system to Role-play. No worries about Rules, Dice or updating your Character Sheet, they are taken care of for you. Just immerse in pure Role-playing.
Become A Backer!

See More

World Issues

China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By News 3rd Oct, 2018 - 5:02am
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By Majicsun 19th Sep, 2018 - 1:23pm
USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By Stem 23rd Aug, 2018 - 8:29am
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 11th Jul, 2018 - 8:00pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 27th Jun, 2018 - 11:14am
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Opinion 24th Apr, 2018 - 10:56am
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Opinion 17th Apr, 2018 - 9:54am
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By News 16th Apr, 2018 - 9:46pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 15th Jan, 2018 - 9:36am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm