How Many Have An Actual Relationship With God

How Actual Relationship God - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Jan, 2016 - 8:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2016 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How many actually have a relationship with Christ/God? How many have received their Baptism of Fire, and received the companionship if the Holy Ghost; it is far different then being Baptized by Water and then receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, The Gift of the Holy Ghost is only a gift, you have to still receive, but it is not all that easy, as one might think. How many of us have the signs, gifts and blessings of the Spirit in our lives ?

How many have a concept of having God and Christ in your head, 24/7, that is what it is like to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I come across hardly any in our area, in the Church who actually have the Companionship of the Holy Ghost as spoken about in Scripture. I am not here to criticize, but to express the need we all have to turn to Christ and develop a relationship with him; if we don't have this, we are only living a telestial life, relying only on the light of Scripture and leaders, but not Christ.

When it says we need a testimony of Christ to make it, it is not having a testimony of him, it is having a testimony from him, which can only come from actually knowing him, and you can only know him, if you have a relationship with him. When the Lords comes to cleanse this nation, he said, I will begin with my house, he will begin with his house, because we as Saints, have more truth then any other people on the face of the earth; and therefore expects more from us, and he will others.

If you depend on leaders to know what do and think, you will not make it, you have not gained the light you needed, to not be blinded by Lucifer and his angels; and you will with them, be dragged down to hell eventually. You can do everything that you think or are told you should do, to receive Celestial Glory, but if you have never developed a relationship with Christ; you will still fall short and be with him and the Father. Akin to the verse below, is the parable of the 10 Virgins and the story of the Lords wedding party.

international QUOTE (Matthew 7:21-23)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jan, 2016 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

God Relationship Actual Have How

I don't have a relationship with God.

I tried. I looked for God for years. I explored a number of different religions, including the Church of Latter Day Saints, and never felt that connection. I met a lot of wonderful people, met a lot of terrible hypocrites, and ultimately decided that faith is largely an attempt to give meaning and hope to our lives, and religion politicizes and standardizes faith.

While I have faith in certain things in life and hope for a better tomorrow, I don't have any personal relationship with God or Religion.

On the plus side, I'm not the sort of atheist who derides others for their faith. If you find meaning in religion and use it to better yourselves and your community, more power to you.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2016 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Many Have An Actual Relationship With God Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE (Corinthi @ 12-Jan 16, 2:03 AM)
I don't have a relationship with God.

Thank for your response.

Maybe I was just lucky, in someways, I guess it maybe from whom I am, before thus life. But I have always been Spiritually oriented and somewhat connected for most of my life; but where I am today, has been a life time journey, with trials like Job in the Bible. I have never liked that, but recognize that because of it, I am where I am today.

I know it may not be as easy as I try to describe, but many it can be; that is, you just have to believe and turn toward him and learn to depend on him. He is not really worried about one minor and more personal sins and weakness,, he died to fix those. All he wants is for his children to turn to him, so he can teach them, how to be like him; line upon line; in that process, one is sanctified or changed to slowly be like him.

Normally one is aware of their own feelings, then aware of Gods, as you continue to head those feelings, they get stronger and stronger, then they are replaced with thoughts. Man and his form of Church authority and structure only seem to get in the way, and soon many has so altered Gods truths, that can save, that almost all get lost. Joseph Smith was a living Prophet, but when he was killed, with collusions from upper Church leaders at that time, the LDS Church lost their prophet, and the saving keys to many things; which they still think they have. The Restoration is restarting, from where Joseph Smith left off, a new growth is taking place within the Church, and hundreds if not thousands are leaving to form home and etc more low key Church groups, but there is no controlling church or authority structure, which is what God wanted when Joseph was alive, but others took that and twisted that, to where the Church is today

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2016 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I thought there might be a few more responses, but was not looking to contend; Am I to presume that most have taken my comments to heart and are reassessing their place before the Lord; one can only hope; I greatly fear for the Saints.

I would say, that most never do reach this trial of faith, because they never pass their trials of faith; like Abraham and Nephi. If were presented one, and did not respond properly, one may never know you even passed though one.

The trial of faith is always specific to your makeup and what you may hold most dear.

God wants to see who has the faith to step into the darkness for a short ways, to find the light on the other side. It seems, most having not enough of the Spirit, to know God and Christ, and know when they are presented with a trial that will always go against their grain and or increase their greatest dread and or fears; just as it was for Abraham and Nephi.

We are all required to pass through this door, if we want to exhalation and to become like Christ. We are also, not going to achieve it, following any person, not even the Prophet of the Church, if we have not developed a personal relationship with God.

15th Jan, 2016 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

It was always the story of Abraham that bothered me most, because while many view it as a successful trial of faith, I see it as petty and sadistic test.

Prove you love me by murdering your son isn't a trial of faith /anyone/ should be willing to pass though. That logic leads to things like refusing to seek medical treatment for your children because faith alone will cure them.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2016 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am not doing to dispute scripture, it may have not even happened exactly as we have been lead to believe.

But what I do know, the same thing almost happens to Abraham, when he was young, his family had erred from the faith, and not living a more or less a pagan life; one of the reasons he left the area. The idea is, Abraham knew about it, and I would assume despised it. So for God to ask him to sacrifice his son, was the worst thing God could of asked him to do. You have to understand, even though he did not like it, he was not unaware of it, it was a common practice with the religions, other then the Hebrews.

It was also symbolic of God sacrificing his son; but Christ was willing to do it, to full fill all righteousness, to save us. I have read, that and felt, that to be fair, his son must of been whiling, to be the sacrifice, in the same way; I don't think it was quite like the Bible portrays it. I think it was a test too, for Isaac as well, he needed to be tested, to receive the promises of God, that his father Abraham had received by covenant from God.

The thing is too, one must have taken the time and energy to seek God, and develop a relationship with him, only after that, can one have the assurance that what God asks of you, if from God; I have seen, that most don't even advance that far Spiritually, to receive this type of trial of faith. They would discard what God would require of them, and never do it.

Most do not seem bidden to kill someone or even close to it, but we all will have trials of faith; for most it might just believing that the LDS Church has gone Apostate, and did long ago, even though it has been fulfilling Gods long term plan. God just want to know if you are listing to him, more then then the lies and half truths of Babylon.

Years ago, I had my Baptism of Fire, and it dramatically changed me, so much, that the Ward I was in, accused me of Witchcraft and dark magic like things, and was told to stop or else, but I just did not present them to anyone else, not even my now X wife. I can look back and see that there was not just one trial of faith; the biggest one was when the Holy Spirit of Promise came to me, and told me to leave my abusive, now X wife. That was it seems, when I received my Baptism of Fire.

To progress, you have to pass trials of faith, based on light and truth given to you line upon line from God; there is no other way. To be like him, and receive the blessings of those people and prophets who came before, we must pass through trials as well. It is said, Christ has done nothing that he has not seen the Father do, we must also do he same.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jan, 2016 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

How Have Actual Relationship God

DavidLJ, you know what's the scary thing about your words? I've read them many times from different people that all said that they received divine revelation to do 'x' and yet its all different from the next person. Now, if there was one grand revelation given to everyone to move in the same the direction but its isolated tid bits probably meant for the person alone and not everyone. Have you considered that?

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2016 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Have Actual Relationship God Mormon Doctrine Studies

I started this thread to help others take stock of their place before God the Father and Jesus Christ;; not to split hairs. My case in point, was to example how men and women of God have been tried and came to Christ, like unto the Brother of Jared in the Book of Either and etc prophets in scripture. I agree, revelation can be personal, it certainly was for Jared, Abraham and Nephi, and many others, but it also ended up in Scripture, as a testimony of what we should expect. Even today the LDS Church is aware of how little it members have power of the Holy Ghost, let alone power in the Priesthood; all of which comes from seeking and finding God on a personal level.

Part of the problem is, what was taught and how the saints were treated by the Church, is not anything like it was, when Joseph Smith was here guiding and teaching; we have become a correlated church, not much different then other Churches, except we still have more truth, and more of the Spirit; but a B instead of a A, does not get us to exultation. We are asked to pray if the Book of Mormon is true, then if Joseph was a Prophet, then if the Church is true, then we are now asked to submit to the Correlation Councils truths, pushed by leaders and the Church President and Prophet; and if you get out of line, you are excommunicated; that is not what Joseph did, a true teacher will lead you to 'christ, and not set themselves up to be as we say; the Prophet will never lead you astray, even Brigham Young saw this threat to our Church.

My intent of this thread was to show, we each need to turn and seek Christ, only by developing a relationship with him, can we know him, know his voice, so we won't be deceived; if we don't seek him, and know his voice, Satan will surely do so. Satan only has to bump us off of our path, by a fraction of a degree, to derail us from the path to the Celestial Kingdom; if one studies church doctrine, they will see that most of what Joseph taught has been changed to minor to a major degree; God has warned many times about that, we are now no different then Jews when Christ came to his people, the Zoramites self assured they were Gods chosen people; yet they were wiped out by the Lamanites.

We can have the right truths in the Church, but unless we develop that relationship, with the God, all that we do will avail us nothing. I ask that people strive to feel the spirit of what I am saying, not pick at my weaknesses, explaining myself and what God has reveal to me. When I talk to someone, I feel what is true, or not true or not for me at the moment, I may need to learn something else, before I am ready to climb to that next level. I remember on lesson in the high priest quorum not long ago, on revelation and following the Prophet; at the end,, I said, following leaders and the Prophet,, will get you nowhere, if you don't have a relationship with God, and got a lot of turned heads, smiles and thumbs up.

We have lost the Spirit as a Church; we have lost the goal to seek our calling and election made sure, to see Christ before our sojourn on earth is over; this should be a common thing in the Church, not a rarity. Joseph taught that we need to seek Christ, and to enter his presence, if we want the power to bring Zion as a people, and it will not happen until we do.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: How Many Have An Actual Relationship With God

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,