Text RPG Creator's Home Base

Text Rpg Creator' S Home Base - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 19th Jan, 2016 - 7:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
  Text RPG Creator' s Home Base
12th Jan, 2016 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

Text Role-playing Game Creator's Home Base

History Behind The Concept

The idea behind this feature is to dwell more on the place the Character calls "Home". This might include a map of the place, chances for upgrades to your abode, and the ability of the GM to create a mini-adventure out of it. For instance, while the Character was away on adventure his place was broken into, investigations revealed it might be someone known within the vicinity.

This also represents another aspect: family (Children) or simply a relationship that requires nurturing. Maybe, if you are away for too long your significant other becomes involved with someone else? It could also be a status symbol since being tied might allow you greater honor or benefits.

How To Access Your Home Base

1. Go to your Character Sheet and click the button "View Home Base". You will be given the option to enable it if you have sufficient FP.

2. On your Home Base page you can add two maps, add a title and full description. You can also choose one of many Home types from very primitive to futuristic depending on the Role-playing Game system or Scenario you are playing. You will notice that your Home Base also takes on the likeness of your Character Sheet because your Home Base is an extension of your Character Sheet.

3. There are buttons at the very bottom of your Home Base page, use these to edit as you wish. Once you upload your Maps you will be able to view them as thumbnails on your Home Base page and have the option of clicking the "View" button to see them larger.

Home Base Cosmetics

When a Player has activated a Home Base for their Character then a small button will appear in their Posts (Just under their Character's Avatar) that says, "Has a Home Base". Hovering over the button will reveal the title of the Home Base and actually clicking on it will take you to that Character's Home Base.

Text RPG Creator's Home Base (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
13th Jan, 2016 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Base Home Creators RPG Text

I think that will be awesome but it also depends on how much of it the Dungeon Master is willing to allow. I can imagine a Dungeon Master that has you everywhere else in the universe and never home!.

14th Jan, 2016 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Home Base Reviews RPG & Card Board

I like the idea, it reminds me of what we had in World of Medieval although not as elaborate as what's being presented for this addon.

14th Jan, 2016 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

It could be a lot of fun, if allowed by the Dungeon Master. It could even given incentive for a player to save some of their wealth and put it aside for improving their 'home base' as time goes on.

Myself, I would love to have a chance of having my character Jonathon create a home which would have a grand library, a manor with great art and beautiful furnishings.

More, at higher levels, even making it a demiplane with pathways or doors into other planes or different places. A secret abode where only those invited may enter.

14th Jan, 2016 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Like Thomas said, its a great feature but only if the Dungeon Master allows you to use it if not then ends up being the characters wishful thinking.

16th Jan, 2016 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

I'm in a Role-playing Game with a character who has something like this setup. He bought a home from the city, has a wife / partner. Maybe children will come next. At first it seems like something an adventurer wouldn't want to be toed to but at the same time it could have benefits like having a place to keep your stash. I'm learning more about it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jan, 2016 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Rather off topic, but...
I'm sure Zork is just jealous of Durgan in game tongue.gif

Originally I would have done this in the topic. This is useful addition to add clarity.

It will also help in Kingmaker as my 'GM character' could display kingdom details. My players should reach that stage in 2 months but their lands will start off small so it's not a must-have.

Perhaps it should also have a guardian of its own for secretive players.

19th Jan, 2016 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Home Base Board Card & RPG Reviews

Best suited for the Dungeon Master that is willing otherwise it will be the character's dream home and unfortunately nothing more.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator's Home Base

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,